Werewolf - Little Town of Helyr

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
So, in effect, you have a 1/(big-number) chance in saving a life each night?
"I like those odds. Those are nice odds." Donkey
I'm considering buffing it back up to my original plan, which was that if you treated someone's injuries, you found out their role as part of the process (e.g. while treating the vigilante, you might find their gun and so know their role.) Thoughts?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't know enough about the strategies of the roles to comment on whether its a good idea.

What I can contribute though is that, if you decide you need a compromise, you can divide all the roles such that a doctor-reveal would provide something like "You found a gun." which would indicate either "Vigilante or Bodyguard".

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. While visiting the servant and professor it would say "While visiting X you saw some fancy books around. You wish you had taken a look on those."

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. While visiting the servant and professor it would say "While visiting X you saw some fancy books around. You wish you had taken a look on those."
I'm gonna be doing something like that for the detective. My thoughts are that the detective suffers no penalty for their ability, yet may be led down the wrong path e.g. 'books filled with words you don't understand and diagrams which make your head hurt' could indicate professor, servant, or doctor :p

Reactions: Pyure

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe make the insanity affect judgement?
Visiting the doctor:
If sane, "You see books that contain several pictures of the human body"
If insane "You see books with strange deformed pictures"

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe make the insanity affect judgement?
Visiting the doctor:
If sane, "You see books that contain several pictures of the human body"
If insane "You see books with strange deformed pictures"
Oh my sweet summer child... :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
All work and no werewolf makes pyure something something.

Cmon RJS, get your shit together man. Otherwise I have to start my own Werewolf game. Against the law-of-the-J. Featuring nothing but jester roles where everyone has to post everything in limericks. NOBODY WANTS THAT RJS.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping to get a couple more people, but fine, I'll try and get the game thread up and running tonight :p Day 1 will be a double-length day because I'm going to see friends from university and get really drunk tomorrow, so I will be in no fit state to do power resolutions, end of day wrap-ups etc.

Watch this space...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You never even did a proper role call that I saw, except the one on the last werewolf thread which would only catch the ppl in that game. Although I'm drawing blanks trying to think who's missing out.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
You never even did a proper role call that I saw, except the one on the last werewolf thread which would only catch the ppl in that game. Although I'm drawing blanks trying to think who's missing out.
lolwut?

EDIT:

Wait, I see what you mean. I put it on the werewolf organisation thread first, then ported it over to the last werewolf one

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
In case y'all haven't noticed, Game thread is live. You should all have been pinged by it, you should all have your roles. If not, let me know ASAP