Werewolf FinalWolf (GAME THREAD)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Mostly because "if" statements boils down to statistics and then RNG. Guess what I don't like.
SpwnX that reminds me, about your role:

I think the hero role is balanced in "most" games, if its expressed as "Wins by being part of a wolf lynch." The key is the ratio of wolves to villagers: 1:20 kind of sucks, because once you win, the village wins. Your victory depends on their victory, with an additional requirement on top.

If its 4:12, your odds are much better: you can easily win even if the rest of the village loses.

If we ever did another single-wolf game (!?), I'd probably recommend removing the Hero role.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
That is why I complained about it since D2. The more time passes lower are my chances, guess why none of all three heroes won.

Single wolf games are strange.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Me! I won! I was right! *dances on yo graves*

And next time you make a "social experiment", it needs to be a bit, um, more clear. Y'know, like 1984 or something. :p

Reactions: buggirlexpres

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I think hidden stuff in games can work, if done carefully. I appreciate that people didn't like my insanity mechanic, but that was never meant for people to be able to factor it into their strategy, it was meant to be out of their control.

In this case? Having the wolf have a perfect alibi, whilst having no way to counteract that alibi? No offence Cheese, but a game where you have to give the town hints in order for them to have any chance is pretty poorly designed. If the wolf is powerful, give the town the means to counteract that wolf if used correctly.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I think hidden stuff in games can work, if done carefully. I appreciate that people didn't like my insanity mechanic, but that was never meant for people to be able to factor it into their strategy, it was meant to be out of their control.

In this case? Having the wolf have a perfect alibi, whilst having no way to counteract that alibi? No offence Cheese, but a game where you have to give the town hints in order for them to have any chance is pretty poorly designed. If the wolf is powerful, give the town the means to counteract that wolf if used correctly.
It was possible to find the wolf, if you just looked at the hints carefully. I understood it the last day.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
It was possible to find the wolf, if you just looked at the hints carefully. I understood it the last day.
It's the fact that the hints were necessary that is the problem. The Town should be equipped with roles/abilities it needs to defeat the wolves without intercession by the GM.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This isn't a very well thought-out comment squid.

Even if you "guess" what's going on (and look back at the main thread: I specifically say that we might be dealing with a wolf-spy combo) you cannot do anything about it. As a logical individual you are forcibly constrained not to act on it because if you allow for that, you can allow for anything.

Maybe the wolf is Cheese. Maybe the wolf is me and I don't know it. Maybe the wolf is xTordX. Maybe the wolf is Dankey Kang. Who fucking knows; you can't work with "possible" hidden rules because it allows for absolutely anything.

In order to make that scenario work, you ultimately need to convince me that a reasonable number of people would have figured it out before, say, for example, me, Vikestep and Eruantien all working on it together.

Good fucking luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a very well thought-out comment squid.

Even if you "guess" what's going on (and look back at the main thread: I specifically say that we might be dealing with a wolf-spy combo) you cannot do anything about it. As a logical individual you are forcibly constrained not to act on it because if you allow for that, you can allow for anything.

Maybe the wolf is Cheese. Maybe the wolf is me and I don't know it. Maybe the wolf is xTordX. Maybe the wolf is Dankey Kang. Who fucking knows; you can't work with "possible" hidden rules because it allows for absolutely anything.

In order to make that scenario work, you ultimately need to convince me that a reasonable number of people would have figured it out before, say, for example, me, Vikestep and Eruantien all working on it together.

Good fucking luck.
The only real hint was that you didn't expect it, and the only you really didn't expect to be a wolf was Gideon.

(And I think we all know that my comments are never well thought)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only real hint was that you didn't expect it, and the only you really didn't expect to be a wolf was Gideon.

(And I think we all know that my comments are never well thought)
Technically the hint was "something I said recently was a hint."

And technically I said either eruantien or gideon as a winner would make me laugh. So even deciphered, it was a coin-flip.

(And understood regarding comments)

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
When given uncertainty, I'd like choices at least. (You don't know if X is Z, Y or W , not that X is simply unknown, because you can't do anything to find out what the heck X is. It is math and probabilistics being softly applied that makes this game interesting). Then you can sort out the possibilities as the game progresses (and X's job is to prevent you from solving that uncertainty).

Last edited: