Well of suffering help.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I made a well of suffering quite a while back, and I've been using 64 named witches. But they keep vanishing, forcing me to fabricate 64 more and name them all individually.

So is there a good alternative to witches that don't de-spawn and gain health faster than the well of suffering takes?[DOUBLEPOST=1414873913][/DOUBLEPOST]Cursed earth or MFR auto-spawners aren't an option seen as they don't work in the vicinity of the blood altar.

Last edited:

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to play around with spawning, you can use flesh golems upgraded with mini fezzes swimming in a regenerating pool of promised land spring water.

They out-regen the blood altar's damage.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Since when was this a thing?
I don't know, I can't even spawn mobs with spawn eggs.[DOUBLEPOST=1414946629][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you don't want to play around with spawning, you can use flesh golems upgraded with mini fezzes swimming in a regenerating pool of promised land spring water.

They out-regen the blood altar's damage.
Could I use villagers?

Last edited:

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
You could try 'em, flesh golems have high health regeneration as standard, and this is increased by the tiny fezzes and further by the water.

Not sure villagers would survive with just the water.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
If neither auto-spawners or cursed earth is working, then it's probably a server plugin like Clearlag that's restricting entity count. Could explain why his witches despawn too.

Auto-spawners and cursed earth both still spawn when restricting devices like magnum torches are in place.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
You could try 'em, flesh golems have high health regeneration as standard, and this is increased by the tiny fezzes and further by the water.

Not sure villagers would survive with just the water.
Do the regeneration potion crystals work on them?[DOUBLEPOST=1414949233][/DOUBLEPOST]
If neither auto-spawners or cursed earth is working, then it's probably a server plugin like Clearlag that's restricting entity count. Could explain why his witches despawn too.

Auto-spawners and cursed earth both still spawn when restricting devices like magnum torches are in place.
I'm playing on single player, so they're won't be any plugins running.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Jailer net from MFR
Soul shard if you have it, don't despawn (or you can you know, have an army of dead zombies)
Cursed earth under a spawner SHOULD make it spawn mobs, so you can steal witch spawner and use that
Snow golem factory to power your altar? That would be cool

Oh and geostrata crystal do work on mobs

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Chunk loaded special dimension, cursed earth with fans and conveyors to drop mobs into an Ars Magica portal... Create link book in your well of suffering and you'll have more LP than you can handle

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Jailer net from MFR
Soul shard if you have it, don't despawn (or you can you know, have an army of dead zombies)
Cursed earth under a spawner SHOULD make it spawn mobs, so you can steal witch spawner and use that
Snow golem factory to power your altar? That would be cool

Oh and geostrata crystal do work on mobs
None of those would work except the snow golem factory.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
None of those would work except the snow golem factory.
Jailer net worked for me on both 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 and both on SSP and multiplayer
SSR mobs don't despawn for a fact. Also, they work with no one around, just shove one of any type over a well (did on 1.7.10 in SSP and multiplayer)
CE works when loaded, used that for both version, but only SSP for 1.7.10. I heard it works for the spawner but never actually tried it

And 1.6.4 the crystal did work. Go and try it