Weird inventory bug: Enhanced Portals 3 bug

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just started having this weird bug after a short time playing.
After placing some blocks and wanting to swap whatever is on my hotbar out, when trying to place the new block it instantly changes back to the old block and places that instead. It makes weird ghosts of blocks in my inventory when trying to move or sort in it. Other times when trying to place whatever block in my hands it vanishes almost instantly after being placed and after a while reappears back in my inventory.

Any idea what could be causing this? Tried running Opis to see if there was anything wrong somewhere, but cant find anything. World is running smoothly.

I am playing on my Monster singleplayer world.

EDIT: also noticed that once this starts changing my Gravisuite jetpacks flightstate does nothing(it shows in chat but stays in hover mode).

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I sometimes get the same thing. It only started after my last java update (v7.65 I think?)

Relogging fixes it, annoying as that process is :(

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I sometimes get the same thing. It only started after my last java update (v7.65 I think?)

Relogging fixes it, annoying as that process is :(
Hmm this was happening within 1-2 mins of relogging so it was getting impossible to cope with.
Also noticed that my ME network wasnt working properly. Think the world was messed up somehow. Going back to a backup. Hopefully that will help.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm problem came right back. Think it might be related to working with Enhanced Portals 3 stuff or something. Keep getting the bug when doing a setup with that. Weird thing is though that I didn't get it when testing it in a creative testing world.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Are you by chance hitting O to open your inventory? Thats the screen that gives you the extra inventory screen from tinkers (for the heart canisters, backback, and all the extra unusued slots)?
If you then move items to your task bar within that window, then close the GUI, you'll get that behaviour. I've even had situations where my boots would then be unequipped and quite often end up being thrown on to the floor (not good if near lava...)
I quite often open that GUI by accident, as I always remap by inventory key from E to I. (I'm old skool, Inventory is always I :p)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm problem came right back. Think it might be related to working with Enhanced Portals 3 stuff or something. Keep getting the bug when doing a setup with that. Weird thing is though that I didn't get it when testing it in a creative testing world.

Ive heard bad things about that mod which is why im not using it. A particularly nasty world-corrupting bug related to the player inventory.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ive heard bad things about that mod which is why im not using it. A particularly nasty world-corrupting bug related to the player inventory.
Hmm not good.
But from what I can figure out, the bug I get only happen when interacting with the portals different UIs. I am using CC to interact with the portal to during normal use I don't get any problems. It is just when setting it up that that I need to relog after having configured each portal.

The have probably also been fixed in newer versions of the mod. The version used in Monster is not up to date.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Enhanced portals did indeed have a bad inventory bug but it was fixed in later versions. Not sure if the FTB modpack you're using has the fix already.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Enhanced portals did indeed have a bad inventory bug but it was fixed in later versions. Not sure if the FTB modpack you're using has the fix already.
Think it is the very same buggy version it is using.
And since it seems we are going to have to wait a while for any updates for Monster(if ever getting it), I might as well just update it myself.
But the mods author have left it and information is a little scarce. Anyone got a clue what the differences of the two versions available on the download page is?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ej5tajlr0utx69q/AABcZgj9WSH2PqFYVJUxLvRva/Minecraft/EnhancedPortals 3

EnhancedPortals_1.6.4-deobf-3.0.0b-final2.jar
EnhancedPortals_1.6.4-src-3.0.0b-final2.jar

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Deobf? I understand deobfuscation is coder talk for unwrapping a mod to see the inner workings or something. Im guessing thats the "dev" version. The other one is for players. Maybe.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Note that the final version of EP is not compatible with the earlier versions. That is. It is actually compatible but it should be seen as another mod. You can even install the old and new one together to allow for upgrading the old blocsk to the new one. Be careful with that

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Deobf? I understand deobfuscation is coder talk for unwrapping a mod to see the inner workings or something. Im guessing thats the "dev" version. The other one is for players. Maybe.
Doh. Thought deobf was an abbreviation for something. Ofc it is the deobfuscated version, the author left and gave the mod up as opensource :p[DOUBLEPOST=1407146898][/DOUBLEPOST]
Note that the final version of EP is not compatible with the earlier versions. That is. It is actually compatible but it should be seen as another mod. You can even install the old and new one together to allow for upgrading the old blocsk to the new one. Be careful with that
Oh crap, read that as only for the 1.7 version. Read it again and saw your question now as well. Gah, gonna put off updating it then I think. Or. hmm

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How exactly did that update work? Do the new one overwrite the old ones recipes etc. so you don't have to uninstall the old one? Or since I dont really have any portals placed that matters yet, should I remove everything from my world and remove the old mod and install the new?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
It is basically just a totally new mod with similarly named blocks. So the old mod keeps working and you get a chance to replace all blocks. So you can setup a second portal network with the new/updated mod and in the mean time keep on using the old one (if you have the room for it of course). After the transition is done you can remove the old mod.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear that the bug has been fixed because I had plans in mind for those portals. (trains) Figured I would have to settle for mystcraft.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It is basically just a totally new mod with similarly named blocks. So the old mod keeps working and you get a chance to replace all blocks. So you can setup a second portal network with the new/updated mod and in the mean time keep on using the old one (if you have the room for it of course). After the transition is done you can remove the old mod.
I think I will just completely remove the old mod first then and then add the new. Not set up anything of consequence yet, so might as well.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Did you manage to get the new version to work with a FTB pack etc? When I try to use it with Monster I keep getting this error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: enhancedportals/block/BlockFrame
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ProxyInjector.inject(ProxyInjector.java:58)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:524)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

http://pastebin.com/ShbXLRhr

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Sorry never tried that. I only did it in my own custom modpack.
Hmm ok.
Decided to just go with the last update before the ID change instead: 1.6.4-3.0.0b5e. Seems to works without issues and can be updated directly.