Weekly News Issue #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Here we go with the 3rd issue of the FTB weekly news. There isnt a massive amount of news this week however there are a few updates that we have for you.

First lets take a look at modpacks. For reference, the following definitions apply.

Stable - Recommended versions of these modpacks are considered stable and you should be able to start a new world without fear of a need to restart it. Bugs may still crop up, but generally speaking these packs should be good.

Beta-Stable - These are packs going through final testing before declaring them stable

Beta - These packs are still in a testing phase but on the launcher for mainstream use, we may occasionally need to pull or change a mod to protect the integrity of the pack, however we will make all efforts to minimise this.

Please also check the following thread for known issues. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/important-update-news-read-before-updating-any-pack.36499/

Stable Packs
FTB Lite

Beta-Stable.
Horizons
Magic World 2
Tech World 2

Beta Packs
Direwolf20 - Waiting on Extra Bee's, also several known issues still to be resolved before we can make this stable.
(As I was writing this, we actually had an issue with this pack lol. So, so people know, we are pushing an emergency update to 1.0.11 which go up today. MFFS added a dependency for the Calclavia Core mod. This core mod had a load of world gen turned on by default that we were unaware of. This would add new ores into any new chucks that were generated with this version of the pack installed. 1.0.11 changes the config to turn this off.)

Monster
Fixes for a couple of mods are due in the next few days, once these are tested we hope to make monster stable.

FTB Launcher
Work has resumed after the Christmas break, a planned update to the current launcher is in testing to fix an issue with disabled mods being overwritten.

FTB Map - Work has finally started on a new version of the FTB map. I hope to have this released in the next few weeks. I am planning to build several versions of the map including a lightweight version that is meant for less powerful computers and a 2 player/team version based on the original map designed for Direwolf20/Nearbygamer.

Bug Reporting - Jadedcat has put together a video that will help people with bug reporting. You can take a look at it here: /www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfOwkV0nNI

FTB Art and Store. I am hoping that the preorders for the new tshirts etc, should happen this week

Last edited by a moderator:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Excellent, an overview of the situations of the different packs is exactly what I have been looking for for a while ;) I would suggest however maybe making a stickied thread somewhere with this information as well and then update the progress there as it comes. Might make it easier for people to find in the future.

Overall looking very much forward to more packs, Monster in particular, to make it to stable!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Map - Work has finally started on a new version of the FTB map. I hope to have this released in the next few weeks. I am planning to build several versions of the map including a lightweight version that is meant for less powerful computers and a 2 player/team version based on the original map designed for Direwolf20/Nearbygamer.

jqDvoIt.gif

pyRex

Jul 29, 2019
So what happened to the Unleashed? 1.1.7 was pushed to recommended yesterday. Now its back to 1.1.3.

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
If direwolf is considered to still be in beta then excellent work guys! As a server owner I have had minimal problems since 1.0.3, something I would not expect of a beta pack! However have to say I'm a little disappointed that you didn't mention advanced solars as a planned mod :'(

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for keeping us informed what's happening. :)

Direwolf20 - Waiting on Extra Bee's, also several known issues still to be resolved before we can make this stable.

Monster
Fixes for a couple of mods are due in the next few days, once these are tested we hope to make monster stable.

Is ExtraBees/Trees also planned for Monster or only for DW20?
Are you considering more mods for Monster or is this more or less the final list of mods of the pack?

Really looking forward to a stable release of Monster (if Binnies Mods are included). Thanks :D

PDDnox

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke, FTB Map: will it be possible for more than 2 players? Would love to see Dire and Soaryn battle it out with an other team. I hope so :)

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke, FTB Map: will it be possible for more than 2 players? Would love to see Dire and Soaryn battle it out with an other team. I hope so :)

I would actually like to see a 4 way 'competition' as a set of 4 streams plus them being uploaded. Direwolf20 + Soaryn VS Jaded + Myrathi VS Quetzi + (I can't recall her name offhand, his SO) VS Slowpoke + a team mate. Or possibly substitute in a MindCrack team with members whom are more familiar with the mods (I don't want it to be a slaughter, but equally uninformed MineCrack vs MindCrack could be good.)

blehz

Jul 29, 2019
Is it true that there will be a new Mindcrack pack coming? Heard some rumors but it would be nice to get a confirmation. :)

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Is it true that there will be a new Mindcrack pack coming? Heard some rumors but it would be nice to get a confirmation. :)

I've seen a preview video of it. It's true. This time it's PvP focused though. Too many weapons mods, but on the plus side it has ICBM.

PDDnox

Jul 29, 2019
I would actually like to see a 4 way 'competition' as a set of 4 streams plus them being uploaded. Direwolf20 + Soaryn VS Jaded + Myrathi VS Quetzi + (I can't recall her name offhand, his SO) VS Slowpoke + a team mate. Or possibly substitute in a MindCrack team with members whom are more familiar with the mods (I don't want it to be a slaughter, but equally uninformed MineCrack vs MindCrack could be good.)

Thing is, Slowpoke make's the map... but 4 team... let them start out with 2 teams :) (i would love Slowpoke on a team, but someone needs to overview it).

XenoniX

Jul 29, 2019
How soon till Extra Bee's will get added? Got a girlfriend eagerly awaiting this xD and will the bee's get Retrogenned and added in the existing chunks?

Reactions: Bentenmaru

Vindex

Sep 22, 2013
Would it be possible for DW20 to keep configs for mods not in the pack in sync with Universal Config?

I'm missing IDs for Witchery, which I add to the server pack - Universal config already has IDs for Witchery 0.12, but DW20 has IDs suitable only for Witchery 0.11.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.