Weather Control in 1.10

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

i have a rftools void dimension with my base and its raining way to often, what ways to control weather do i have? i know of enderio but that requires sunflowers, dont know how to automate those (exept bonemeal+gras?)
I havent find a no-rain dimlet yet and i dont want to create endless dimension and run around, as it is not craftable...

any ideas?

thx

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Keep looking? If it isn't craftable even disassembly of extra dimlets won't help. Many streamers I've seen create dimensions simply to hunt and ransack those special buildings that spawn with dimlets inside.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Keep looking? If it isn't craftable even disassembly of extra dimlets won't help. Many streamers I've seen create dimensions simply to hunt and ransack those special buildings that spawn with dimlets inside.

That was my MO in 1.7. Make a flat single biome dimension and go raid the research centers. I often used that world as a mining world as well, killing two birds with one powersink.

Edit:. Cursed Earth farm in the End was also a go-to trick for Dimlets.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno. I've fought a grand total of six so far. I am considering an expedition to the End, but it's still a bit out of reach at the moment.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Endermen only drop dimlet parcels IIRC

Best way to find dimlets is to create a lot of junk dimensions and search for those 'temples' with dimlets in them

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Once you have flight and enough power to last a good while you only need to make one junk dimension really. There's so many dimlet shacks in any random dimension if you're willing to travel a ways.

An ender pouch so you can send em back to base is vital too :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Forestry has a weather capsule system. Can't recall the precise name of the block, but it fires a capsule that can cause/stop rain into the sky. Can be automated with a Daylight/Moonlight sensor combo. Use an And gate of any kind so it fires when it's not sensing sun or moon light.

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
Botania has the Teru Teru Bozu which also takes a sunflower (but that's all it takes) to turn rain off. A comparator will emit a signal from one when it's raining so it's easy to automate. Sunflowers can be acquired by hitting an existing sunflower with bonemeal (1:1).

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
thx for the tips,
i found a rain shield from random things and will use that for now, it doesnt need any fuel and is easy to setup