We should be able to ride in pipes.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ives

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I might take a look if I can make a mod for this... The only thing is that the pipe needs to detect the head spitting out so you can teleport. Meanwhile you can sit in a dimension (which can be changed later on) and when you enter a chest you enter a dimension with flying items and blocks... Just some ideas...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
OOOOOHHHH ME HAS AN IDEA!!!!!

Ok, Here it is:

You make a really cool hardened camera thing.

You make the body like this:

O O O
O G O
O O O

O=Obsidian

G=glass

then a lense:

- G -
G G G
- G -

-=nothing

and a control circuit:

C gl go
gl go R
go R I

C=cactus green
gl=glowstone dust
go=gold ingot
R=redstone
I=iron ingot

And then you assemble it like this:

- L -
- CC-
-CA-

L=lens
CC=control circuit
CA=Casing

So what you do is you can craft this with any item. Let's say iron ore. First, you charge the camera with MJ or EU. Then you craft it with the iron ore. Then you pump it into a BC pipe. It records what it sees, forward-facing. When it goes into a machine, it just says, e.g.: pulverising... and then the camera is still in the iron dust. When it goes into a furnace: Smelting... Then it, for example, goes into a auto crafting machine of one kind or another. Let's say to make iron boots. It says: crafting... Then, it's put in a chest. It gives you an option to skip the time spent in storage, while it says: in storage... Then when a player takes it out, if it's on their hotbar or they're wearing it, then it shows the player's view. Only the person who crafted the camera knows it's there, so it could be used for spying on people. The camera uses all its charge as soon as you take it out of the item, giving a reason to be charged. You can also use a wireless tracker in teh recipe for finding the camera afterwards.

Now, I'm no modder, I know nothing of code, and I don't expect any modder to do this, although it would be cool.

I'd love it if people could say what they think of my idea, I might try posting it on Lambert's thread :D

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I really wasn't thinking in terms of going through machines and chests. I meant more as transportation.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
On a correctly designed storage and process system, you will more likely end in a "misc" chest than in a macerator. It's pretty safe, i think.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Going in machines and processing lines? You all have talked about maceratrons and variants (pulverizer and co), furnaces (or maybe not), and even the electrolyser, but there are much better places to go. What about all this gregtech and TE stuff? And why only players would move in pipes? Let's put some mobs in them and send it around our processing lines.

Sawmill? meh.

Extractor? maybe. I don't really know what is going on in it. Looking in would be a good idea. By the way, putting mobs/players in should make some MFR mob essence.

Canning machine? Filling my shelves with creeper filled cans sould like a good idea. I'll sell them as food on the server.

Recycler? Would be a nice way to dispose of silverfish.

The blast furnace (i'm talking about the chrome one wich smelt tungstensteel) look much more fun than a regular electric furnace, and the vacuum freeser look not bad too.

Magma crucibles? Would be more interesting than macerators for unwanted players.

Fusionreactor material injectors? Even better.

Compressors? meh. But the compressor is just a open door to another much better machine: The implosion compressor. If i have to end in some machine after falling in my pipe system, i want to go here. It's just awesome. I mean, a box where you put stuff in and blow it up with 10 TNT at the same time.

If you're lucky enough to go to the storage room (or you just exited a prossesing line, alive or not), you will first collide with all the stuff coming from some quarries and the prossesing lines, then go into a sorting system, wich will probably put you in the misc chest, because i don't know any sorting system with a player output. Or you can end in another chest. Some chests/barrels/DSUs/other are for cobblestone and other stuff wich comes in large quantities, and ending in them would be not the best choice, as you will be quickly buried under the flow of incoming items. And those large amount storages can have a overflow system (because a bunch of bilions of cobblestone is enough) so the overflow ends into a incinerator/void pipe/recyclers.

You still want to go in tubes? You'll want another tube network, however, you'll see what being a ore look like. Have a nice day in the processing line.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, what about the TC3 Crucible?
Being stored in jars after having your essences taken from you...
Or the Infernal Furnace!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Storing a big compendium of ideas here, plus some of my own:
  • Shrinker Pipe.
  • Right click.
  • See a map of pipes.
  • Click the Enlarger Pipe you would like to exit out of.
  • Click the Enter button (not on your keyboard, a GUI button.)

• Shrinker Pipe.
  • Enter pipe by clicking enter.
  • Any time you hit a P. I. (Player Intersection) Pipe, you may choose the way to go. You are shown a map.
  • Digression/Branchout:
  • One may choose to enter a machine, with the ideas from YellowMiner's post up there.
Done.