Ways to generate massive amounts of STONE

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
You could possibly use UUM. I think they have a recipe for stone for UUM.

Also, if you don't mind raping the world, yeah, quarry FTW. You'll be needing plenty of barrels(or maybe just a few with the upgrade) to store all that cobble if you use a quarry and make a custom quarry size and make it big. Or, y'know, some AE storage cells. Though making the bigger storage cells can drive you insane with all the crafting and materials needed. But the crafting can be automated(my first set of recipes I'll be building with AE when I finally get into it in my MA will be the parts needed to build more storage cells, and various other parts of the system). And gathering the resources can be done somewhat easily with mods.(I personally don't use Quarries if I can help it. I have... Other methods...)
Was wondering why this haven't been mentioned yet:

Igneous Extruder to get all the free cobble stone you need. Build your structure in cobble stone. When done, the Wrath Igniter is your friend!

It turns all of the cobble stone into stone. (just remember not to have any flammable materials nearby;)
UUM and wrath igniter are nice outside the box solutions.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the wrath igniter was stone > cobblestone.
The Wrath Igniter can go both ways for this.
See a cave full of monsters? Wrath Igniter and watch 'em BURN. Decide that cobblestone doesn't look nice in your cave system? LIGHT DAT SHIT ON FIRE! INSTANT SMOOTHSTONE!
...'Course, if you're trying to build a castle out of stone bricks it's kind of hard to benefit from this, because then you need to harvest all the stone with silk touch.

...I loves me Wrath Igniter. Can't see the forest for the trees? LIGHT THE LEAVES ON FIRE! See a field of grass, with tons of unprocessed food walking around? LIGHT THE GRASS ON FIRE, INSTANT BARBECUE! Someone has build a 9x9 out of Obsidian on your server in the middle of town? HOW ABOUT A 9X9 OF LAVA ASSHOLE?
Think someone is hiding under the sand in a desert? HEY LOOK, IT'S NOW ALL GLASS! Someone builds a glass house? FUCK THROWING STONES, LIGHT DAT SHIT ON FIRE AND SEE HOW HE LIKES LIVING IN A HOUSE MADE OF SAND!
Truly, the Wrath Igniter is a Griefers Engineers best tool!

Reactions: plzent3r and dlord

Sourful

Jul 29, 2019
I'll probably end up using the Igneous Extruder. It seems to be the most efficient for what I'm going to do. I have some nearby lava pools by my base, so I'll just put it in a portable tank and hook them up to some extruders.

Was wondering why this haven't been mentioned yet:

Igneous Extruder to get all the free cobble stone you need. Build your structure in cobble stone. When done, the Wrath Igniter is your friend!

It turns all of the cobble stone into stone. (just remember not to have any flammable materials nearby;)
That is pretty darn smart. Sadly I will be using stone bricks mainly, so I will actually have to have the stone ;/

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Behold, I have made a simple design. I call it, the Simple Stone Supplier!

It produces stone using 4 igneous extruders, and is fed by lava (from the nether, barely uses any though and one cobblestone in a magma crucible will produce 500 stone worth of lava) and water (water is made with xychorium water, hence the 9 valves under the tank) and the enderchest in the middle goes to my AE network (could go to stone supply/barrel/wherever)

If you want to replicate my design, simply add the 4 tesseracts on each corner and adjust the igneous extruders to input from the tesseracts and output to the chest/middle.
For the tesseracts liquid and which tesseract should be inputting what, it's pretty simple.
Lava input in two corners, and water in two corners, like so:

Tada, now you have a very convenient, compact, and classy stone supplier!
That's an extremely complex solution for a very simple problem...

*"Tada, now you have a very convenient, compact, EXPENSIVE, and classy stone supplier!"

343N

Jul 29, 2019
It's not complex at all. Also with a minimum stone it's not too expensive[DOUBLEPOST=1367688427][/DOUBLEPOST]16 endear pearls, some electrum, 4 igneous extruders and storage[DOUBLEPOST=1367688489][/DOUBLEPOST]Also he's probably pretty far in game[DOUBLEPOST=1367688612][/DOUBLEPOST]Complex =|= expensive

343N

Jul 29, 2019
Also you can just use liquiducts from aqueous accumulators to where the water tesseracts would go, and liquiducts with lava from your lava supply

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Is it 16 ender pearls per tesseract? And...well it is complex AND expensive in my eyes, because this is my Igneous Extruder setup:
images

343N

Jul 29, 2019
I'll get a setup after I sleep. And 16 ender pearls for the 4 tesseracts

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I'll get a setup after I sleep. And 16 ender pearls for the 4 tesseracts
That's a lot of ender pearls, pre-end. And if you're in the end, you'll have some decent armor, thanks to decent mining, maybe by quarrying, so at that point you should use my setup so you can have tons of stone/cobblestone producing while you're searching for those enderpearls to get to the end or to do whatever you're doing.

343N

Jul 29, 2019
But how do you get pure smooth stone with that? Where's the lava come from?[DOUBLEPOST=1367689722][/DOUBLEPOST]And minium stone can get you ender pearls. I haven't even been to the end yet in my world[DOUBLEPOST=1367689783][/DOUBLEPOST]And the water, where does that come from in your setup

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
The water is...
underground from a single aqueous accumulator.
The lava is inserted from the back.

You didn't tell us where your lava or water comes from, for all I know you could have two liquid duplicators attached to synchronized tesseracts.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, didn't I explain why it's a bad idea to use Minum Stones to make stone out of Diamonds? I could have swore I did.
In any case, I would advise against using EE3 to down convert materials, even with a P Stone. It's way more draining on the poor things.
...That being said, if this is your planned path, get Tubestuff and use the Autocrafting Table MK III for it. It's fucking awesome for this(and many more things, really).
Just get ready to spend like 16 whole minum stones to get your stone from a diamond.(I didn't test how many I needed, but considering that the M Stone lasts about 1000 transmuations, and you need to make 8192 dirt, and THEN turn each of those dirt blocks into cobblestone, it's about 16 M stones to do all this. Or something like that)

343N

Jul 29, 2019
The water is...
underground from a single aqueous accumulator.
The lava is inserted from the back.

You didn't tell us where your lava or water comes from, for all I know you could have two liquid duplicators attached to synchronized tesseracts.
In the first image, the two tanks on the right supply lava and water, lava comes from the nether , water comes from the xychorium water blocks under the valves[DOUBLEPOST=1367715412][/DOUBLEPOST]Also minium stone lasts 1500 transmutes

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I dunno what you guys are talking about. My minium stone lasts for -1.

As an aside to that you can't transmute in world with it set to that.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, didn't I explain why it's a bad idea to use Minum Stones to make stone out of Diamonds? I could have swore I did.
In any case, I would advise against using EE3 to down convert materials, even with a P Stone. It's way more draining on the poor things.
...That being said, if this is your planned path, get Tubestuff and use the Autocrafting Table MK III for it. It's fucking awesome for this(and many more things, really).
Just get ready to spend like 16 whole minum stones to get your stone from a diamond.(I didn't test how many I needed, but considering that the M Stone lasts about 1000 transmuations, and you need to make 8192 dirt, and THEN turn each of those dirt blocks into cobblestone, it's about 16 M stones to do all this. Or something like that)
Too bad, it's probably the least-used method...
Well...do people actually use UU to make stone?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
You can always use a vanilla cobble gen. The igneus extruder is just a cobble gen with some fancy letters painted onto it and put into a single block. Vanilla ones are incredibly cheap to setup, only requiring a lava bucket, a water bucket, and a block breaker with a timer and some tubes. The block breakers from tubestuff will work aswell, if you have some spare wooden/stone tools lieing around and you don't want to get an iron pick.

Industrial TNT is also a good way. It has a higher drop chance than normal TNT, making it useful for TNT mining ores.

Cobble gen + wrath furnace is also a great combo if you want some kind of assembly line of stone.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You can always use a vanilla cobble gen. The igneus extruder is just a cobble gen with some fancy letters painted onto it and put into a single block.

No, its a cobblegen that doesnt stress the cpu nearly as much as the vanilla one does, because of the light updates. Thats why KingLemming put it in TE.

Reactions: SeniLiX