Water World! MystCraft?

Numkin

Jul 29, 2019
Good Morning,

I am wanting to create a Water World Senario, where people logging into my server, will end up in a world covered with water. They will end up on the ocean floor in a bubble created by a force field. And they must survive.

As far as the logistics goes on doing this I've got some ideas and working on it. However, what I'm having a hard time doing is creating the water world. Only way I knew how to do this is through mystcraft. However, the water typically only starts at about layer 63 and the bottom of the ocean starts at around 40 in the valleys.

What I would love is for the water to start at say 200 and the floor be at the same area around 40 or 50. Right now if i max a MFFS shield it goes out of the water, kinda ruins the whole idea. Option i was looking at was quarry out a 300x300 block area and put starting bubble in it, but that will be a last resort. But even at y63 water this puts the shield really close to the top.

Are there any ideas our a mod that might do this. I'm currently using FTB Ultimate 1.4.7. No changes to the mods as of now.

Thanks!

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Interesting concept. I would be very interested in details if you can figure out how to do it. Getting started would be tough (no trees for basic wood tools).

Numkin

Jul 29, 2019
My idea was for it to be a Flat area with grass and a couple oak trees. 1 Maybe 2. The oak trees would at least give them wood/food. It would start slow. Debating on allow monsters in there or not. First thought is no monsters. This would allow no access to shards or minimum or other monster loot. At least in the dome. The "Engine Room" for the MFFS would be encased in Warded Stone, so no one could gain access to it or the power.

But a tank of some sorts, lava, bio-fuel or something. Would be visible, and if it runs out the shield collapses. So its also a race to get to the level of fueling it.
Anways lots of ideas for it. I just need to figure out how to make the world.

@Henry love the pic, good brand of clothes!

Numkin

Jul 29, 2019
After some more research, I learned that you can generate a customized superflat world. Now whether you can do this on a server or not i'm not sure. Though I believe in Server.Properties file and "generator-settings" you can create your own server superflat world. Has anyone done this?

I have created what I think to be a decent world, on paper (not at home to test world).

The creation string is
2;7,10x11,19x1,1x13,9x12,216x9;1;decoration

If i understand this right this should be:
Layer 0: Bedrock
Layer 1-10: Lava
Layer 11-20: Stone
Layer 21: Gravel
Layer 22-30: Sand
Layer 31-255: Water

and decoration will allow ore to spawn in the stone area.

Would someone let me know if I'm understand this right? If so, then I think this is as suitable way to build my world.
Thanks

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I have an Idea something like that, on creation of on of many random ages I got one thats ocean/mushroom isle, I was considering making id a challenge type map buy leaving the mats for one new age book & a return book, with no mobs spawning its means at start no EE so first age you make the mats for more books & some food would be the main aim, & so one all based around making ages & exploring for resources, I have bit of a back story too thats not to allow for leaving the 2 mystcraft blocks needed to making page/book.

As yet I am not sure if I will make it public or just, use the back up & delete the OW book, then play it my self until 1.6.2 packs are released or one of the servers I have been using updates.

Numkin

Jul 29, 2019
After some more experimenting last night this seems to be the solution I will try and use. I was able to create a superflat plains world, that had water all the way to y255. Decorations did put ore into the ground, though I have not found gold and stone needs to go up to around y 50 or 60 if you want copper and tin in the world.

There is one hiccup in this that I haven't figured out though and hopefully someone could give an idea or work around. Originally when I spawned in I spawned on the sea floor. However, when I activated the MFFS Shield, when people spawn in they spawn in on top of the field and drown. Over and Over and Over and Over and okay you get it.

Right now, I have to /tp them to the floor. I've seen other servers where they were able to spawn into a room, but not sure how that works.

Thanks! If people are interested, once I get this working 100% I'll put a guide to setup this world.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Create a bedrock box somewhere remote and change your spawn location to the inside. You can put pressure plates across the entire floor and have them trigger a command block to teleport whatever players are in that room directly to the point in the dome you want. its automatic, and if something breaks at least they won't die repeatedly.

Reactions: Numkin

Numkin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah great idea! but how do I change spawn location? I haven't seen that server command.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
You can change spawn location with a mod, or editing the data file. There's instructions on the google. Or you can just create the box around your current spawn, and create your dome in a more remote location.

Numkin

Jul 29, 2019
Ya I found a couple ways of doing it. Looks like I'll try MCEdit tonight and see if that works. Sometimes I tend to type what I'm thinking and thats before I've done my research. Bad habbit I guess.

Numkin

Jul 29, 2019
/spawnpoint X Y Z

If I'm not mistaken that only sets the spawnpoint after someone has logged in. Not for new players. (Like a bed)

I worked with MCEdit and set a spawn point. This is what I've found out and some I need to test.

There is a 20x20 spawn area from spawn point. (Info is on minecraft wiki)
You spawn on the top solid block layer no matter what. (I was trying to create a room, but never could get it to spawn in the room always spawned on top)

Test:
If I completely fill in that entire chunk, except the area I want them to spawn, will it force them to spawn in the room?

I Find it very annoying that you can set an exact spawn location with a bed, but not an initial spawn location.