Water in Nether

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
No. Not sure if florbs work but milk and oil used to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Corby

Jul 29, 2019
I THINK the ars magica spell to conjure water (or whatever it's called) works in the nether. I haven't actually tried it so I'm not sure.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Alot of liquids other tha MFR work like water in the nether, a easy one to get is liquid essense from Ars Magica 2 or BoP springwater( use wooden bucket)

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, Yeah just tell us what modpack you got.

Oh yeah and this is my 99th post... Hmm i shall spend my 100th on a good thread in a good way. This will be fun.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
do you need liquid water or just water for machines?

former Im not terribly sure of, but there are plenty of ways to pipe it over.

if you have monster pack, and arnt to tesseract stage, bring buckets over manually.
the rotarycraft dewpoint aggregator works in the nether, not sure if aqueous accumulators work.

if you DO have tesseracts, well there you go!

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Nup. Having just tested this on Monster, if you send water into the nether via tesseract, what comes out the other side is lava.

Although, that just means you have an infinite supply of lava without any use of power if you suck up the water with an aqueous accumulator to begin with.

that would be a bug then. awesome it may be, it must be squashed!!

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Nup. Having just tested this on Monster, if you send water into the nether via tesseract, what comes out the other side is lava.

Although, that just means you have an infinite supply of lava without any use of power if you suck up the water with an aqueous accumulator to begin with.
Can you hook up another tesseract to the one with infinite lava and *boom* lava? That's a nice bug *evil chuckle*.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Can you hook up another tesseract to the one with infinite lava and *boom* lava? That's a nice bug *evil chuckle*.

Aqueous accumulator produces water in the overworld. Output to fluiduct, then to tesseract. Output tesseract into the nether, where it becomes lava. Output lava from tesseract into ender tank, and then to wherever you'd like to store the lava.

I must test this. If it works...that's exploitable as all get out and should be nerfed.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Vindex

Sep 22, 2013

Hi,

I can't seem to reproduce this. http://i.imgur.com/5YuAxUf.png
Could you please document your exact setup?

Thank you.
Vindex

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
On the overworld side it's just Aqueous accumulator outputting into a standard BC tank, fluiduct pulling water from tank and sending it into a tesseract.

On the nether side, it's simply tesseract -> fluiduct -> tank

Hmmm.

On further investigation, it seems that the lava I got out the nether side wasn't a conversion from overworld water after all. The overworld tess wasn't set to send (DERP), so this lava I got last night seems to have spontaneously appeared when I connected the tess to some fluiducts. Not sure how, this is my test world and I have literally no other tesseracts in it besides these two and only one channel...

Having fixed the setup, it appears you CAN pump water into a tank in the nether. Well that was fun while it lasted XD

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
On the overworld side it's just Aqueous accumulator outputting into a standard BC tank, fluiduct pulling water from tank and sending it into a tesseract.

On the nether side, it's simply tesseract -> fluiduct -> tank

Hmmm.

On further investigation, it seems that the lava I got out the nether side wasn't a conversion from overworld water after all. The overworld tess wasn't set to send (DERP), so this lava I got last night seems to have spontaneously appeared when I connected the tess to some fluiducts. Not sure how, this is my test world and I have literally no other tesseracts in it besides these two and only one channel...

Having fixed the setup, it appears you CAN pump water into a tank in the nether. Well that was fun while it lasted XD
Dammit, I was getting super excited for a second.