Water in Nether

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Aqueous accumulator produces water in the overworld. Output to fluiduct, then to tesseract. Output tesseract into the nether, where it becomes lava. Output lava from tesseract into ender tank, and then to wherever you'd like to store the lava.

I must test this. If it works...that's exploitable as all get out and should be nerfed.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
So you need to create a 2 tesseracts, and an ender-tank (assuming the new TE3 tesseract recipes) - and you're worried with exploting at some lava?

I think getting lava is the least of your problems in this picture!

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
So you need to create a 2 tesseracts, and an ender-tank (assuming the new TE3 tesseract recipes) - and you're worried with exploting at some lava?

I think getting lava is the least of your problems in this picture!

Tesseracts are not that expensive, particularly when you're factoring in (if this whole thing worked, which it apparently doesn't) that the end result would be completely free endless energy. All you really need to make the tesseracts is:

- Some tin (trivial to obtain)
- 2 shiny ingots (if you have any TE3 infrastructure at all, this is also trivial)
- 1-2 stacks of ender pearls (trivial to obtain with mimichite)

Add in about 8 blaze rods for the ender tanks (also easy to get if you can find a nether fortress) and you're set. I don't see how this recipe would be all that difficult, unless you're bottlenecked on blaze rods or something.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts are not that expensive, particularly when you're factoring in (if this whole thing worked, which it apparently doesn't) that the end result would be completely free endless energy. All you really need to make the tesseracts is:

- 2 shiny ingots (if you have any TE3 infrastructure at all, this is also trivial)
- 1-2 stacks of ender pearls (trivial to obtain with mimichite)

Add in about 8 blaze rods for the ender tanks (also easy to get if you can find a nether fortress) and you're set. I don't see how this recipe would be all that difficult, unless you're bottlenecked on blaze rods or something.
But getting lava is easier than getting tesseracts and that was his point. ;)

Reactions: YX33A and PierceSG

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
But getting lava is easier than getting tesseracts and that was his point. ;)

Easier ways to get lava? Yes.

Easier ways to get it infinitely renewable at no cost without ever having to move a pump? Not even close.

And if this setup actually worked as advertised, it would be completely worth it if it cost twenty tesseracts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Easier ways to get lava? Yes.

Easier ways to get it infinitely renewable at no cost without ever having to move a pump? Not even close.

And if this setup actually worked as advertised, it would be completely worth it if it cost twenty tesseracts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Don't know about twenty... but two? yes. It would be worth it if it was as advertised

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

- 1-2 stacks of ender pearls (trivial to obtain with mimichite
)

Let me double check here...
Ah, yes, see it's 3 tin dust, 1 shiny dust, and a bucket of resonate ender for the enderium blend. Cool beans. Then it's blaze powder, coal dust, and sulfate (IIRC) a bit of redstone for a 2 blazing pyrotherium. Take 2 enderium blend and throw in a induction smelter(or w/e from TE3) for some Enderium Ingots. Then mix those with hardened glass(lead and obsidian dust in the same thing), and a diamond, and get a tes' frame. Take that and fill it with 1 bucket worth of ender and you have a filled tes' frame. Mix with 4 bronze and 4 silver for 1 completed tes', of which you need two to get anything done.

That's a stack of ender pearls or a complete pair of Tes'. Trivial with Mimichite? Hardly, since Mimichite doesn't work on Ender Pearls. Or most mob drops.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Does it work on enderlily seeds?
...Does what work on enderlily seeds?

Oh, Mimichite?
tumblr_inline_mo7cfpcWYt1qz4rgp.jpg

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Trivial with Mimichite? Hardly, since Mimichite doesn't work on Ender Pearls. Or most mob drops.

Bollocks doesn't it.

Mimichite is the sole reason I managed to rush all the way to resonant energy cells so quickly on my Monster world.

One Ender Pearl + mimichite = 16 ender pearl dust (and you need 9 for a single ender pearl). Not quite doubling but it's enough to build a couple of stacks in no time.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Bollocks doesn't it.

Mimichite is the sole reason I managed to rush all the way to resonant energy cells so quickly on my Monster world.

One Ender Pearl + mimichite = 16 ender pearl dust (and you need 9 for a single ender pearl). Not quite doubling but it's enough to build a couple of stacks in no time.
Ah, see, that would be a cross-mod exploit using a smelting recipe from Portal Gun by iChun with Mimichite and we don't approve of such things 'round these parts.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ah well, didn't seem any more cheaty than using mimichite to make glowstone or diamonds.

Especially since there's no EE in Monster, that's how I always used to make ender pearls in previous packs.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ah well, didn't seem any more cheaty than using mimichite to make glowstone or diamonds.

Especially since there's no EE in Monster, that's how I always used to make ender pearls in previous packs.
May not seem as cheaty, but a cross-mod exploit is cheating by it's definition.

Diamonds cost 8 mimichite, glowstone is of minor use so it's fine to charge almost nothing, but even so, Monster has Reliquary, so there's your EE Ender Pearls if you need it.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy