Warning everyone look now

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
So supposidly mojamg and all the big vannila servers are getting ddosed and hacked. I dont know if this is true though.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Tepig seems lilwthe type of character that would scream FIRE really loud in a shopping mall because a Korean BBQ caught the corner of their eye.

ELABORATE

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PierceSG and rhn

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Tepig seems lilwthe type of character that would scream FIRE really loud in a shopping mall because a Korean BBQ caught the corner of their eye.

ELABORATE

Wat no. I just thought this was important enough where i should tell you guys

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Take a deep breath.
Who, what, where and why.

Explain.

I am not sure how you expect us to react to such a vauge and alarming revelation.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
There was some guy on twitter whose account is now removed who claimed that he attacked the session server of mojang (who where indeed down) and some other vanilla servers like those form hypixel, as far as I know it was only ddos and not hacking.

Reactions: Azzanine

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well its been fixed so i guess someone can lock. Also go on reddit and it will be there
If it is there, why cant you supply a link?
I tried looking for it and I cannot find anything that is not years old.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There was some guy on twitter whose account is now removed who claimed that he attacked the session server of mojang (who where indeed down) and some other vanilla servers like those form hypixel, as far as I know it was only ddos and not hacking.
Sounds equally much just like normal maintenance and some loud-mouth kid that just wanted to play cool and got in over his head :p

Hence why these "warnings" are so pointless without any real facts.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Does someone mind providing some links to proof, or can I just go ahead and lock this and call it a false alarm?

Edit: You people and your ninjas.

Reactions: mattp_12

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I don't know, but there was some weirdness with my FTB this morning. I started up monster, then it crashed, then when I restarted FTB, it said it was connecting to unknown. Then it crashed without loading. Restarted the computer and it was fine. Could be me, could be someone else. I know that Nexus Mods is having DDoS issues, so it's not impossible.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It was no maintenance, yesterday the session servers where also crap and https://twitter.com/MojangStatus/status/623951663775285248
I hope I linked correctly as I never use twitter I have no idea if I did it right >_>
But nowhere in that does Mojang state that they got attacked. Could simply be common server issues on their part.

I am not saying that they weren't attacked, but just saying that it seems noone actually knows that they were... Lot of drama over no known facts.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
But nowhere in that does Mojang state that they got attacked. Could simply be common server issues on their part.

I am not saying that they weren't attacked, but just saying that it seems noone actually knows that they were... Lot of drama over no known facts.
I know that they are not saying it there, that is why I think its a ddos at worst(also because that twitter account that claimed to be involved showed nothing worse). I only put that link there to show that it was probably not maintenance, I also believe that the twitter account that claimed the downtime made some tweets before it happened announcing that he will take it down but I never looked at the dates to check if they where indeed before it happened.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This thread reminds me of "The boy who cried Direwolf20"... :D

I would have tried at least pinging and tracerouting the server in question before posting to be sure the problem was on Mojang's side of the connection and not my own.