Problem [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

soccerdog33

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I keep getting this message on my minecraftserver.jar or whatever.

Currently, I have 9Gigs allocated to the server, and at most 3 people are on at a time. Whenever I connect using my laptop (4G RAM, i5 processor) the lag is literally so bad I cannot even play. The only computer that doesn't lag is mine, which runs the server.

[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Keeps popping up, yet my average tick is around 50MS and I have around 90% of my allocated RAM still available (according to the minecraftserver.jar).

Any solutions? I have already stopped all of the chunkloaders, quarries, energy makers, etc., and yet I still get this message, with no lag on my host computer.

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
Something to do with BC/IC machines and energy. I hope its fixed soon because out of the 20 or so that play on my server, all week only about 2-3 can play at a time and my error logs go from a few KB to GIGS in a matter of 15 hours.

soccerdog33

Jul 29, 2019
Something to do with BC/IC machines and energy. I hope its fixed soon because out of the 20 or so that play on my server, all week only about 2-3 can play at a time and my error logs go from a few KB to GIGS in a matter of 15 hours.

Well that's lame, ya now that I think about it I do have a lot of machines running, like watermills, generators, and of course all the machines like the macerator and compressor. It's unfortunate that my computer that has enough RAM/speed to play something like skyrim cannot run a minecraft server with only 3 people on it.

Baron

Jul 29, 2019
This warning message has be around for awhile. I just ignore it and filter it from my logs so it doesn't fill them up.

soccerdog33

Jul 29, 2019
This warning message has be around for awhile. I just ignore it and filter it from my logs so it doesn't fill them up.

So it doesn't matter? I mean my friends are still getting lag and it seems like my ticks per ms rate is quite slow too. Except the server only uses at most 20% of my computer and ram.