Want to produce 100,000 RF power - DW20 modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a project in mind... but it's going to need an extraordinary amount of RF power.

What would be the best way to produce (using the current DireWolf 20 mod pack) 100,000 RF power per tick?

-Wuffle

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019
100,000 RF/tick... well, that's a lot. The only things I can imagine are:
-A GregTech Fusion Reactor, using the power converters mod to turn it into RF (although I'm pretty sure DW20 doesn't have GT)
-I don't know about RotaryCraft / ReactorCraft, but a ReactorCraft Fusion reactor would probably be able to produce even more than that.
-Either one of those, or 1250 dynamos :/

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
if you want a buffer of any kind you'll need 10 resonant energy cells just to handle the throughput

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
100,000 RF/tick... well, that's a lot. The only things I can imagine are:
-A GregTech Fusion Reactor, using the power converters mod to turn it into RF (although I'm pretty sure DW20 doesn't have GT)
-I don't know about RotaryCraft / ReactorCraft, but a ReactorCraft Fusion reactor would probably be able to produce even more than that.
-Either one of those, or 1250 dynamos :/
DW20's pack doesn't have GT, Rotary orReactor Craft, so 1 and 2 option aren't possible.

1250 dynamos is a possibility output and resource wise, but i highly doubt it's an option lag wise.

it's also doesn't have Big Reactors, which would be possible resource and lag wise. so netherstar gen from extrautilities is probably the only option

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
There's Extra Utilities heated furnace generator. It does require a bit of a cool down to keep it from drawing power, but with the right set-up, that can be automated. It'll probably be really complex with redstone timer type stuff to keep it running long enough to hit near its max RF output while not having too long of a cool down so its RF output doesn't drop too much.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
a massive Big Reactor (like 16*16*16) should also work[DOUBLEPOST=1407602469][/DOUBLEPOST]what do you need that much power for?

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
make a farm for skulls to get netherstars, then the netherstar generator simple way if you want some thing big make 10 tree farms and a quit big ae system that can handle like 20-30 smelters of some sort, then make charcoal and fire up as many steam dynos you need :D

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
You will need to use extra utilities piping with the nether star generator to get the full amount of power per tick, the redstone energy conduits (and I believe even the resonant energy conduits) won't be able to handle the load.

Depending on the modpack setup, I believe one run of the nether star generator will just about fill 2 resonant energy cells.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
4 Ic2 Nuclear Reactors feeding into a shitton of Electrical Engines.
And 100,000/tick is filling two resonant Energy cells/tick. That isn't possibru m8

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
4 Ic2 Nuclear Reactors feeding into a shitton of Electrical Engines.
And 100,000/tick is filling two resonant Energy cells/tick. That isn't possibru m8
thats nothing xd I made ReC reactors ouputting in the millions of rf/t...

he could probbaly use Ender io capacitors to store the power, dunnon if DW has it

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Bioreactor+Biofuel gen from MFR is quite cheap renewable energy source. And you will need only 625 biogens for 100 000 RF/t

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible isn't a word in my vocabulary. Let's Leeroy Jenkins into this shit. For scale, let's see just what 100,000 RF/t comes out to:

• 1,250 TE dynamos of any variety, since if memory serves, they all produce 80 RF/t.
  • 2,000 XU culinary generators running bread. (50 RF/t)
  • 625 XU heated redstone generators, or MFR BioFuel generators. (160 RF/t)
  • 2,500 XU lava generators or pink generators. (40 RF/t)
  • 52 XU high-temperature furnace generators at maximum heat. (1,960 RF/t)
  • 3 XU nether star generators. (40,960 RF/t)
Note that these don't represent all of the options, and if you're playing on SSP and don't mind adding a mod or two, you can easily expand this list with potentially better options, like ReactorCraft, which can both meet and easily exceed your goal by at least ten fold. Going thru them, we can easily eliminate the more ridiculous options like having several thousand low-grade generators, or over a thousand dynamos. This leaves our best options as: nether star generators, high-temperature furnace generators, and as a last resort, heated redstone generators.

Heated redstone generators would work best if you could find a way to supply them with molten redstone, but that would require several magma crucibles, and would eat into your desired power output. If you could find a way to quickly, efficiently, and reliably generate a lot of redstone dust, this would be easier; Magical Crops would be a safe bet, if you've got the essence and the pack has the mod.

The high-temperature furnace generators require some complicated timing from what I hear, but you should be able to automate all that easily enough with the combined power of ComputerCraft and Applied Energistics. This has the advantage of requiring only normal furnace fuel, meaning you could easily supply it using charcoal from a tree farm.

However, if you have a tree farm, you might find it simpler to simply feed the saplings into a bank of MFR Bio Reactors, and feed the resulting liquid into a bank of BioFuel Generators, each creating 160 RF/t for 4.1 minutes, giving you 800,000 RF, per bucket of BioFuel. This has the added advantage of being able to use the wood as fuel for something else, like creating charcoal to fuel biolers or the above-mentioned high-temperature furnace generators, allowing you to split your power production between two different things, ensuring that you have less in the way of waste.

The obvious best choice would be the nether star generators, however, they come with three caveats. The first being the most obvious: they require nether stars for power. If you have a way to acquire soul sand and wither skeleton skulls automatically, this can be made fairly simple using a mod like MFFS to automatically kill the Wither for you and line the floor of your killing room with AE transition planes to suck up the nether stars you'll get. Number two is that the wither make a noise whenever it is summoned, and it can't be blocked by any known means and plays in all dimensions, everywhere, every time its summoned. The third is easily the most simple to deal with: the nether star generators will, when actively generating power, damage anything within what seems to be a 4-6 block radius, thus making them dangerous.

However, if you can lick the problems of nether star generation, they are your best bet in terms of power output per generator. As for transmitting the power, I'd suggest tesseracts on each nether star generator, as if memory serves, they can easily transmit the power you'll generate and send it to any point you desire without having to have cables leading all the way thru their little room.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
1. Download big reactors
2. Create a mega grower out of thaumcraft lamps of growth, grow massive amounts of uranium seeds from magical crops
3. ???????????
4. Profit!

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible isn't a word in my vocabulary. Let's Leeroy Jenkins into this shit. For scale, let's see just what 100,000 RF/t comes out to:

• 625 XU heated redstone generators, or MFR BioFuel generators. (160 RF/t)
Or you could have 312.5 heated redstone generators with destabilised redstone (320RF/t) which drains the exact same amount of redstone as it does normally and no lava cost.

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
DW20: Dire just redid his mob farm, a new or current room might have potential for a wither farm.