Want to produce 100,000 RF power - DW20 modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is there a limit to how much RF/Tick that redstone conduits can handle.
Yes. 10000 RF/t per connection with otherwise unlimited throughput. Which should be no problem unless any single source of power outputs more than that or any single power user uses up more. The laser drill prechargers take in 5k each, so there won't be a problem, and as far as I'm aware of, there is nothing this side of nuclear reactors that outputs more except maybe the Nether Star generator.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Update :)

I've built 650 bio fuel reactors, thousands of liquiducts, a gigantic tank...dedicated sapling farms.

Now I'm trying to work out how to put the whole thing together, just as I realize i've never built anything this big in MineCraft before!

I'm trying to work out how to wire up all the redstone power conduits without overloading them.

I'm thinking of a gigantic wall, with liquiducts on one side and power conduits on the other, or a tower made out of a
10 x 10 grid of biofuel reactors with a layer of redstone conduits between each layer of biofuel reactors.

R = reactor
C = redstone conduit
L = Liquiduct

Looking down from the top i've imagined one possible plan as follows for each level:

First level Second Level

RRRRRRRRRR CCCCCCCCCC
RLLLLLLLLLR C C
RLRRRRRRLR CCCCCCCCCC
RLRRRRRRLR CCCCCCCCCC
RLLLLLLLLLR C C
RLRRRRRRLR CCCCCCCCCC
RLLLLLLLLLR C C
RLRRRRRRLR CCCCCCCCCC
RLRRRRRRLR CCCCCCCCCC
RLLLLLLLLLR CCCCCCCCCCC

I think my design... probably sucks.

I'd really appreciate any ideas.

Reactions: E_DM_B

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Conduits can carry an infinite amount of RF, only the actual connections are limited to 10 000RF/t... As long as there are enough connections to the output(tesseracts/energy cells) to handle all the power just plug it all in and away you go.

Yay RF, infinitely easy, infinitely boring

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Yay RF, infinitely easy, infinitely boring

tbh, i'm finding mekanism's universal cables irresistable right now. I have my legacy (early-game) mek wind turbines sending power down the same cables as the RF output from my rotational dynamos. No silly conversion devices, no silly voltage transformers, it just all fits together seamlessly.

I don't remember the last time I used TE's native power transport, universal cable for heterogeneous power supplies and the enderIO conduits for tight spaces suits my needs perfectly.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
5,000 Ic2 Water Mills, which is 10k Eu/t, which translates into 100k RF.

if memory serves me right, the "standard" conversion ratio used to be 2.5EU=1MJ=10RF.

100k RF is equal to (100000*2.5)/10=25000 EU.

you could cover that with 5k watermills if one mill produces 5eu/t, but from what i remember max passive output for a mill is 1eu/t, so good luck making 25k mills.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
if memory serves me right, the "standard" conversion ratio used to be 2.5EU=1MJ=10RF.

100k RF is equal to (100000*2.5)/10=25000 EU.

you could cover that with 5k watermills if one mill produces 5eu/t, but from what i remember max passive output for a mill is 1eu/t, so good luck making 25k mills.
One mill produces 2 EU/t, and apparently 1 EU is equal to 5 RF.

As for converting to RF from EU, eu cable going into a batbox or whatever, and MFR's Rednet Energy Cables going out of the output.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
One mill produces 2 EU/t, and apparently 1 EU is equal to 5 RF.

As for converting to RF from EU, eu cable going into a batbox or whatever, and MFR's Rednet Energy Cables going out of the output.
even with that conversion ratio you'd still need 20kEu/t. and even with mills passive output of 2eu/t it requires 10k mills.

however, according to unofficial ftb wiki, watermill passively generates only up to 0.25 eu/t, which calls for 80k mills

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
even with that conversion ratio you'd still need 20kEu/t. and even with mills passive output of 2eu/t it requires 10k mills.

however, according to unofficial ftb wiki, watermill passively generates only up to 0.25 eu/t, which calls for 80k mills
A. Mills are cheap if you have 200k Iron.

B. Ooor you could look at the tooltip of the water mill.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
A. Mills are cheap if you have 200k Iron.

B. Ooor you could look at the tooltip of the water mill.
i assume that tooltip you're talking about is WAILA and WAILA shows maximum output of watermill which is 2 EU/t. but to get that 2 eu/t you need to feed it water cells.

anyway, what i'm getting at is that watermills are not a viable solution performance-vise.

Last edited:

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
100,000 RF/tick... well, that's a lot. The only things I can imagine are:
-A GregTech Fusion Reactor, using the power converters mod to turn it into RF (although I'm pretty sure DW20 doesn't have GT)
-I don't know about RotaryCraft / ReactorCraft, but a ReactorCraft Fusion reactor would probably be able to produce even more than that.
-Either one of those, or 1250 dynamos :/

Gregtech, nor RoC/ReC is in the pack. Even if they were, I am not sure you are aware of how long it takes to build the fusion reactor.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
... I am not sure you are aware of how long it takes to build the fusion reactor.

About 3 days. Quite a bit less time than this thread has been around:)

Granted, starting from scratch you'd need another day for going up the tech ladder. If you haven't done one before, another 2-3 days designing it in creative probably as well. ( and you can get the resources pretty easily in that time. )

All said and told, only about 1 week, then you have a struggling server and a little over 17.5 million rf/t :) Well, you could simplify it down to 1/4 power, which would reduce the amount of design work, materials, and space for a similar drop in power and awesomeness...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I was hearing from @Reika that it took significantly longer to build, granted that time he quoted may have included resource gathering
It has taken me about a week per world, including resource gathering. That said, I am one hell of a power player, so that is likely much smaller than the average figure.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It has taken me about a week per world, including resource gathering. That said, I am one hell of a power player, so that is likely much smaller than the average figure.
Doesn't hurt that you literally designed the mod yourself and know how it works inside and out, lol.