Want to help run a major server?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

darkfire3814

Jul 29, 2019
I am an owner of a very large multy gaming community. ( well over 2k members ) we are looking at starting a large 250+ slot ftb server. I am looking for someone with experience in setting up the mods, permissions, grps, general server setting and what not. We have been around for a few years and ran/owned by adults. We are very stable!. if you have the experience of setting up large stable lag free ftb servers please pm me

I am not looking for players or admins or ops or builders at this time. I am only looking for people with experience in setting up server files, setting permissions, knows what items need to be removed, how to set up mods and what not.

our goal is to provide a lag free fun place for people to come.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
maybe an idea to tell from what community you're from. might help in finding the right person faster when you do

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
And maybe provide some link to this community as you're askin someone to do all the work there is to hosting a server but provide no reward whatsoever. No admin priveliges, no money, ...

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know... FTB servers tend to be EXTREMEMLY high-maintenance, between saving resources from being eaten by things like chunkloaders, to getting rid of crash/lag machines malicious players build.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Have fun with 250 people playing on one server. Yes it will be laggy is hell, but hey! You got 250 people that can't play on that server, what an achievement.

No but seriously, I would suggest to have more smaller servers

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Have fun with 250 people playing on one server. Yes it will be laggy is hell, but hey! You got 250 people that can't play on that server, what an achievement.

No but seriously, I would suggest to have more smaller servers

Yea if you want to be as free play as single player (meaning no chunkloading limits beyond using them for no reason) plan on having about 1mbps and about 512mb of RAM per player by end game. So even a 128GB dedicated machine will struggle with FTB (and probably that processor well before RAM becomes an issue). You'll probably have to get several 32GB machines and host multiple servers to meet the 250 slots requirement. It's always good to have fewer good players than 10x the strangers. That's way those who actually wanna play will not have to deal with hardware problems. Or limits because of the hardware.