Walking Through Clouds

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sundey

Jul 29, 2019
I like the look of natura's clouds, so I was using them as a door here for a while. However, after redecorating, I can no longer pass through one side of the clouds (going out towards the furnaces).

What dictates whether or not you can pass through a cloud?
hxat.png

80nt.png

Sundey

Jul 29, 2019
When placed down, most of the time they can be passed through, so that can't be it. Even topmass in his videos uses them like a door.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I believe they generate a fake floor only in the last block of the vertical chain.

Try placing the bottom one first?

Sundey

Jul 29, 2019
I believe they generate a fake floor only in the last block of the vertical chain.

Try placing the bottom one first?
I've tried bottom to top, and top to bottom and neither work :(

I should mention, they were working, and while I was placing and breaking blocks around them, they suddenly stopped working.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
From the second picture, if you place a block just above the entryway as in the stair block in the first picture, can you go through it then?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Got curious so tested it a bit:
lqfwVzM.png

The 2 left most can be passed through from any free direction no problem. The 3rd from the left cannot be entered from any direction. The right most one(with a microblock slab standing) can only be entered from the left. The right, front and back sides are blocked. It appears that anything above the cloud blocks that forms a smooth surface with them prevents entry.

Interestingly this presents an easy way to make a one way "door". You can go through it left to right, but not back again. Suppose it could also be rigged up to be able to "lock" the door with a piston showing a block in above the clouds.

Sundey

Jul 29, 2019
Got curious so tested it a bit:

The 2 left most can be passed through from any free direction no problem. The 3rd from the left cannot be entered from any direction. The right most one(with a microblock slab standing) can only be entered from the left. The right, front and back sides are blocked. It appears that anything above the cloud blocks that forms a smooth surface with them prevents entry.

Interestingly this presents an easy way to make a one way "door". You can go through it left to right, but not back again. Suppose it could also be rigged up to be able to "lock" the door with a piston showing a block in above the clouds.

Thank you! I removed the block above it, and it's working now. :)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Why not make the ethereal glass block from ExtraUtilities? Just wondering.

Of course, other than prefering how the cloud looks.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Sundey

Jul 29, 2019
Why not make the ethereal glass block from ExtraUtilities? Just wondering.

Of course, other than prefering how the cloud looks.
I wanted the entrance to not be that noticeable as it goes to my power and cables. Ethereal glass is easier to notice than cloud blocks (Though I do use glass as the main entrance to my base)

4di9.png

Looking at it from the main room of my base, it looks like it could just be apart of the wall instead of a doorway.

Reactions: PierceSG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I wanted the entrance to not be that noticeable as it goes to my power and cables. Ethereal glass is easier to notice than cloud blocks (Though I do use glass as the main entrance to my base)

4di9.png

Looking at it from the main room of my base, it looks like it could just be apart of the wall instead of a doorway.
You could try and go to the nether and find some Ash clouds. They are more grey and would fit in even better I think.