Vineacraft: Hiatus (Not dead)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
héhehe I like modding but I'm just in the very early steps (I mean very early) but I like this and because your mod is open source I peek in it multiple times, and it's fun!

I suggest that my mod will be for now "Dont do this".
Pahimars EE3 is alot better for learning and its what the inner workings of my mod is based off ^^

Reactions: FrankieTheSnake

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, another update :D

SatanticSanta has done a few textures, so send some love to him!

The infestation vine now works, its actually just hoe code edited a bit.
The picture is below.
Going to work on gui's/tile entities next, after getting vine sap to work.

Edit: Crafting recipe added, guess that means vineacraft does something!

Attachments

• 2013-08-12_18.49.14.png
    2013-08-12_18.49.14.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 2013-08-12_19.40.07.png
    2013-08-12_19.40.07.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 83

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so im back :3
I've took a week to play alot of other games, teach my friend about new mods and think about where i want Vineacraft to go.
So little things, i will actually be spending all of this week getting as much done as possible.
Another item is being added into the code currently, its called the "Vinea Hopper", i dont have it coded all in yet but pretty much it fixes a design issue with vineacraft.
The code will be based off the Chute from buildcraft instead of the vannila Hoppers, more or less i like the way how they work more and it fits into a few other things which i wont spoil yet :3
I have to say, i cant say how appreciative i am of you guys, you helped change some design points which will make vineacraft what it is, you support me through everything, you provide textures for me.
Without the community this project would never happen!

I also wanna say, Vineacraft may come out in a week, it may come out in a month, patience is a vertue, ive already been spammed a decent amount lately with stuff like "when iz vinecreft oot?" which i presume is good and people want it? :D

Also, since ive been playing alot of Civ5 recently, i thought i might as well just record it, will more than likely be uploaded in a week or something, if you wanna watch it subscribe to me if you want, im Pokefenn on youtube!

Edit: Also guys, i will like to remind you that this is my first time coding in Object orientated languages, well kinda my first time coding properly, not everything will be coded well at the start :3

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

A new video!
In this i basicly talk about how i want to go about with ore processing, ive been asked this a few times, and to say it bluntly, i don't like the way how the modding community has polarized ore processing and vineacraft has took a note from Factorization, which it will be big, complicated to setup and expensive.
This will be staying clear from early got as much as possible.
But in the long run will be fun and interesting ^^
Everything will be modular also, you want 5 ores? That'll take you 40 minutes but ok. You want it as quick as possible? That will be a minute but you will only get 2 ores.

I just need some ideas about how to get acidic vine sap, got any?

Also, remember guys, this is all a concept, this wont be for a long time!
Also, i havent been able to do any coding yesterday and today, i kinda had a big problem where the mod was taking up 95% of my cpu usage, but thats all fixed, just my computer then me being derpy.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I just need some ideas about how to get acidic vine sap, got any?
it`s quite simple: you need to add a machine that accepts vine sap and leaves(yes, leaves) and output acidic vine sap.
how does it work: we can pretend(which is actually possible IRL) that leaves have on them microorganisms, that cause acid fermentation.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Pfff...
1. Add Xenomorphs
2. Suck acid from them
3. Add vines to the acid
4. Profit

Im guessing you meant the alien ones, not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenomorph_(geology)
On that note, those xenomorphs are interesting.

I like the idea of organic matter in a machine with vine sap making acidic vine sap the most, but who knows ^^ its far away.
Currently trying to get to grips with how the ic2 api works and stuff :3

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
it`s quite simple: you need to add a machine that accepts vine sap and leaves(yes, leaves) and output acidic vine sap.
how does it work: we can pretend(which is actually possible IRL) that leaves have on them microorganisms, that cause acid fermentation.

I like the idea of leaves+vines but I think i needs a little more to get acid. What about something like 10 leaves + 10 vines + 1 gunpowder (sulfur) = Acid.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
There is a problem with using gunpowder, its not easy to 100% automate in a environment without soulshards/mfr/forestry.
With that it would be hard to 100% automate on servers.

Trying to add the textures to vineSap currently (Thanks to PeggleFrank!) just wish there was more documentation for fluids.
Guess I'll just try to learn through javadocs.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
There is a problem with using gunpowder, its not easy to 100% automate in a environment without soulshards/mfr/forestry.
With that it would be hard to 100% automate on servers.

A simple vanilla darkroom/mob drop can get you more than enough gunpowder in a short time. And now days it's even possible to sort all the drops with just vanilla.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I'm still mob farm obsessed and i have quite alot of stuff planned, including mob sorting :3
The problem with gunpowder still stands, a player needs to be logged in for that to work.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Microorganisms that cause acidic fermentation are incredibly common in nature; they're everywhere. Lactic acid bacteria are the boon of every microbrewer: if you're not careful with your hygiene there's a huge chance your beer turns out sour.

For inspiration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid_bacteria

IRL; leaving something sugary and wet out 'in the open' will cause it to ferment with both alcohol (from yeast) and lactic acid (from bacteria). Any form of manure is a very good source of Lactobacillus.[DOUBLEPOST=1377177046][/DOUBLEPOST]

I personally really dislike mods that rely heavily on mobdrops. Especially in SP I tend to play on peaceful because they tend to just be annoying. Also there's really no sense in requiring gunpowder for fermentation anyway.

Reactions: Pokefenn