Vineacraft: Hiatus (Not dead)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hmm... An interesting mod certainly would be one that uses animals for something other than extracting resources.
Animals that have different tech focuses. Something like cows deal ores(smelting/doubling/tripling/w.e), chickens with item transport, pigs deal in farming tech, maybe a gopher or something for mining tech. Could make it so the items from each part can only be crafted in specific crafting tables that must be gotten from the animals...

Okay I'm no longer lost in my mind. What were we talking about?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Animals that have different tech focuses. Something like cows deal ores(smelting/doubling/tripling/w.e), chickens with item transport, pigs deal in farming tech, maybe a gopher or something for mining tech. Could make it so the items from each part can only be crafted in specific crafting tables that must be gotten from the animals...

Okay I'm no longer lost in my mind. What were we talking about?

I was gonna make a mod like that, but I decided I hate dealing with entities and decided to discontinue it.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
What if we had a "tech" mod that worked like a magic mod? Like, technology so advanced it could be looked at as nearly magic.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna set straight whats happening so there is ZERO confusion.

Vineacraft i feel has a great idea and a decent theme, it adds use to vines and has a wacky concept about wood or stone being turned into machines, which is cool.
The current implementation of Vineacraft adds a "power system", the problem with this is, its a power system.
There are dozens of them, and to be quite frank, there isnt a need to have another one without reason.
So all I'm doing is working on another project, this mod is "Totemic" which you can guess what it is from the name =3
Hiatus means that it wont be worked on for a little bit, so i can write the code better, redesign it and make it a better mod.
I'm not throwing away Vineacraft, i still REALLY want to work on it.
But I didnt want to put out a bad mod.

Totemic will have some aspects of Vineacraft in it, using vines, maybe some of the stuff so we can play with it early.

I take every mod as a lesson, and i have learned mine with Vineacraft.
Dont get blinded and tunnel vision.

tldr;
Vineacraft isn't dead, just wait.
Another mod is being worked on which will incorperate Vineacraft aspects.
Im sorry for doing this to you all!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna set straight whats happening so there is ZERO confusion.

Vineacraft i feel has a great idea and a decent theme, it adds use to vines and has a wacky concept about wood or stone being turned into machines, which is cool.
The current implementation of Vineacraft adds a "power system", the problem with this is, its a power system.
There are dozens of them, and to be quite frank, there isnt a need to have another one without reason.
So all I'm doing is working on another project, this mod is "Totemic" which you can guess what it is from the name =3
Hiatus means that it wont be worked on for a little bit, so i can write the code better, redesign it and make it a better mod.
I'm not throwing away Vineacraft, i still REALLY want to work on it.
But I didnt want to put out a bad mod.

Totemic will have some aspects of Vineacraft in it, using vines, maybe some of the stuff so we can play with it early.

I take every mod as a lesson, and i have learned mine with Vineacraft.
Dont get blinded and tunnel vision.

tldr;
Vineacraft isn't dead, just wait.
Another mod is being worked on which will incorperate Vineacraft aspects.
Im sorry for doing this to you all!

All that sounds great. The only thing you don't need to do is apologise. Do it the way you want an I for one am happy to wait and see.

P.S. I am excited that totemic will incorporate some of Vineacraft inside it. I look forward to seeing what comes of it. Good luck

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
All that sounds great. The only thing you don't need to do is apologise. Do it the way you want an I for one am happy to wait and see.

P.S. I am excited that totemic will incorporate some of Vineacraft inside it. I look forward to seeing what comes of it. Good luck

I have to say sorry.
I promised that i would have something out in a certain way, and i lied.
But i guess this is for the best... so meh

Reactions: dgdas9