Villager Spawner

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
I saw on one of dw20's videos once on the forge craft server one of the players made a villager spawner using rails or something like that. Is it still possible to do if so how is it done?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Is it still possible to do if so how is it done?

Can you post the video you are referencing? This sounds like a reference to the villager vertical duplication bug, which I'm not entirely sure was ever patched completely.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
This sound a lot like what JL2579 does in this video:

Basically, it's a room, where a certain # of Villagers and Doors exist, creating an impromptu "Village". When the button is pressed, a villager gets picked up by a Minecart, and travels by rail to an "Examination" zone, where it's determined whether the trade is good or not. If it is, by way of levers and curved rails, it is conducted to the appropriate holding pen. If it's not, the Villager is killed to make room for other villagers to spawn, with better trades.

Keeping the population of villagers below what the "village" can support is essential, because it makes it so that villagers keep generating. This is also a VANILLA setup, so it has a LOT of room for improvement with the mods FTB adds.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I made a village breeding device that DocM made in his video. Works like a charm and has been very helpful. I believe his is an infinite villager producer. For the most part the brown/farmer villagers suck with their trades and the best seem to be the white/librarian ones, for getting emaralds at least.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
I made a village breeding device that DocM made in his video. Works like a charm and has been very helpful. I believe his is an infinite villager producer. For the most part the brown/farmer villagers suck with their trades and the best seem to be the white/librarian ones, for getting emaralds at least.
that's sounds like the one I want, I probably want it more for mystcraft villagers

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019

The farmer villagers can be useful if you have a lot of excess wheat and/or meat, which you will if you have T5 cow/pig/chicken spawners and a wheat farm.

The blacksmiths can also be pretty useful in vanilla - you can trade emeralds for diamond tools and armor, and not have to worry about getting low on diamonds. :D

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The farmer villagers can be useful if you have a lot of excess wheat and/or meat, which you will if you have T5 cow/pig/chicken spawners and a wheat farm.

The blacksmiths can also be pretty useful in vanilla - you can trade emeralds for diamond tools and armor, and not have to worry about getting low on diamonds. :D

Which if I'm not mistaken you can convert those diamond tools to diamonds with the uncrafting table or a few other means in FTB.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I think, and I may be wrong, but a woodcutter from TE is able to give back some of the resources if a thing made out of wood is put into it. Have not tested it with weapons or tools so it is theory on my end.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019

I have a huge amount of wheat ready to be processed into biogas, so I might use the villagers for that also

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Just look up docM77s video as he was one the first to publicize the system that was shown on direwolf's video.