Video game music (the most unique thread in existence)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, if a different section such as "Other Games" is a better place for this, can this please be moved?

Anyways, fairly ordinary "post video game music here" thread. Preferably include a reason for liking the soundtrack in question. I'll start with a few personal favourites.

This one probably needs no explanation.

For some reason, I like the silent amazement this soundtrack has to offer. Odd style, but it fits this game perfectly.

Anyone who's played MC, especially beta (at least IMO,) should understand the significance of this track.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I really like "Midna's Lament", from "The Legend Of Zelda: The Twilight Princess". It's also called "Midna's Desperate Hour". It's very dark, and really nice to listen to while curled up on a couch watching the rain fall. :)

Reactions: Whovian

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
What will we do with the drunken whaler
Early in the morning

Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner
Early in the morning

Way, hey, and up she rises
Early in the morning

Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver
Early in the morning

Stuff him in a sack and throw him over
Early in the morning

Early in the morning

Decnav

Jul 29, 2019
Well if any of you are east coast, mid alantic area you need to go to magfest. Its the best videogame / game music fest around. I take my kids every year, its worth it.

thewindmillman

Jul 29, 2019

it's two in one, that meld together into one masterpiece. it starts with 'cantata mortis', then about halfway through phases into 'God in Fire'. i may not have actually played the game it's from, but damn, this thing is brilliant. (IMO)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Too lazy to post links, so the FTL music (especially the bonus on the advanced soundtrack) the black Mesa soundtrack, and the payday 2soundtrack (top 3 being the mark, sirens in the distance and armed to the teeth.)

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, if a different section such as "Other Games" is a better place for this, can this please be moved?

Anyways, fairly ordinary "post video game music here" thread. Preferably include a reason for liking the soundtrack in question. I'll start with a few personal favourites.

This one probably needs no explanation.

For some reason, I like the silent amazement this soundtrack has to offer. Odd style, but it fits this game perfectly.

Anyone who's played MC, especially beta (at least IMO,) should understand the significance of this track.

I thought I was the only person in the world who's played Xenoblade. Now I realise, I'm one of two.