Vanilla to FTB server questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistress Elara

Jul 29, 2019
I hope I don't confuse people with this question... It takes a bit of explaining.

We created some very big buildings in Vanilla Minecraft ages ago and then tried out FTB with direwolf20's server - we found we liked it and stuck with it and used mystcraft to move our buildings into the new world and stuck to using vanilla blocks. We've since moved to Ultimate FTB server and started from scratch. But we want to move our original vanilla builds in using mystcraft again, but want to start using mod blocks to continue building with... so here's the questions:

1: Is there any other way to copy those buildings in without using mystcraft?

2: If we move the buildings in using mystcraft and then carry on building with mod blocks on Ultimate FTB and then move to another server... will we lose the whole of the building we've been working on for ages or will we only lose what we build on UFTB?

Thanks.

Mistress Elara

Jul 29, 2019
If I use ultimate ftb and build using those mods and move to a different server later will I lose the whole building?

Mistress Elara

Jul 29, 2019
I've used vanilla blocks so far, so no issue, but if I use non-vanilla blocks from now on and move to a server that doesn't have all those non-vanilla blocks - will I be able to keep the building and just lose those blocks that don't apply or will I lose everything?

wakafanykai123

Jul 29, 2019
Are you saying for example, that if you build a structure out of Xychronium blocks that if you moved it with MCEdit the Xychronium blocks would disappear?

Mistress Elara

Jul 29, 2019
No. As I said earlier we don't use MCEdit - what I'm asking is if we'll lose the whole building if we use mod made blocks if we move to a server that doesn't have them

SuperMarioLuigi6

Jul 29, 2019
Mistress Elara said:
Is there any other way to copy those buildings in without using mystcraft?

Just go in creative and rebuild them, unless they use 1.5 blocks since those aren't in FTB as of yet.

Mistress Elara said:
If we move the buildings in using mystcraft and then carry on building with mod blocks on Ultimate FTB and then move to another server... will we lose the whole of the building we've been working on for ages or will we only lose what we build on UFTB?

If you move from FTB Ultimate to Vanilla you'll lose whatever you built using FTB Ultimate Blocks. If you move from FTB Ultimate to a different FTB Pack, you'll lost whatever blocks from mods that aren't in the mod pack your moving to (like from FTB Ultimate to Direwolf20 you'd lose every "Secret Rooms" Mod blocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.