Vanilla+ - Press Release

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Where are you finding these ores? i think all ores other than vanilla were disabled

Also, aren't the "gem" based tools part of a different mod that probably isn't in Vanilla+?

One thing I've been noticing is a bit of an occasional "stop motion" lag effect. I looked and Fastcraft is not included in the pack. Curse apparently doesn't have it in their repository so I've probably got to copy it from either Infinity or DW20 when I work up enough enthusiasm. So much for a pristine modpack on my system... :D

I noticed Natura is included, and although I haven't yet found a "wild" Redwood tree I was able to plant one so there's still hope on that front.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Also, aren't the "gem" based tools part of a different mod that probably isn't in Vanilla+?

One thing I've been noticing is a bit of an occasional "stop motion" lag effect. I looked and Fastcraft is not included in the pack. Curse apparently doesn't have it in their repository so I've probably got to copy it from either Infinity or DW20 when I work up enough enthusiasm. So much for a pristine modpack on my system... :D

I noticed Natura is included, and although I haven't yet found a "wild" Redwood tree I was able to plant one so there's still hope on that front.
I think you need a 7x7 of saplings or something. Have fun with that. ;)

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
I think open Blocks would be Nice because the pack was Made as a bridge between vannila and modded MC and Not a pack to only enhance it with mods that Are More uncommon found
I think so Dont know if i am wrong

LegzDiamond

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is not so realy good :( invertet lamps is not avtiv saphire tools is not activ :(.

This is bullshit.

who makes something not active is Project Red No Fun pity've hoped for more of vanilla +

sorry for my englisch I write with a translated

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This pack is not so realy good :( invertet lamps is not avtiv saphire tools is not activ :(.

This is bullshit.

who makes something not active is Project Red No Fun pity've hoped for more of vanilla +

sorry for my englisch I write with a translated

Why do you keep (very rudely) commenting about a lack of mods you want in a pack intended to be a close experience to Vanilla MC? Either move on to another pack more to your liking or add the mods you want yourself, dealing with any problems that pop up.

Some of us like to try different things sometimes. I tried Resurrection when it came out, but it wasn't the pack for me. That doesn't give me the right to post comments likening it to common fertilizer, however.

By the way, to answer your question, Slowpoke101 created this pack and decided to share it.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you keep (very rudely) commenting about a lack of mods you want in a pack intended to be a close experience to Vanilla MC? Either move on to another pack more to your liking or add the mods you want yourself, dealing with any problems that pop up.

Some of us like to try different things sometimes. I tried Resurrection when it came out, but it wasn't the pack for me. That doesn't give me the right to post comments likening it to common fertilizer, however.

By the way, to answer your question, Slowpoke101 created this pack and decided to share it.
I'm going to repeat this joke, because I've told it before and people liked it:
"Excuse me, waiter? Yeah, can I have some more like buttons? I seem to have run out."

LegzDiamond

Jul 29, 2019
This is now out my opinion and my criticism of this pack. I only regret the absence of the most important things

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
The Right Click placement mod is not needed. When you use Battle gear you can use your second hand to do what ever you want as far as placing block.

Also if you Right click a tool when a Bag is to the right of it.... you crash.

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah growthcraft is Nice But then There is already agricraft and pams But i think the better potion thing would fit well in a better vannila

Reactions: 1SDAN

tastyquarks2048

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is the first 1.7.10 pack i've been able to load for quite some time. I usually get a java error mid startup that I believe has something to do with the dynamic load screen thing and isn't fixable without basically getting a new pc.

Could you tell me which forge version this uses? If its a brand new one I might be able to use it to load the other 1.7.10 packs which would be absolutely awesome.

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is the first 1.7.10 pack i've been able to load for quite some time. I usually get a java error mid startup that I believe has something to do with the dynamic load screen thing and isn't fixable without basically getting a new pc.

Could you tell me which forge version this uses? If its a brand new one I might be able to use it to load the other 1.7.10 packs which would be absolutely awesome.

Srry But you only can play it because There is no cohfcore and no enchidiridion 2 in the pack otherwise it wont be playable too

tastyquarks2048

Jul 29, 2019
Srry But you only can play it because There is no cohfcore and no enchidiridion 2 in the pack otherwise it wont be playable too

well that sucks...

I wish they'd make a version of cofhcore that doesn't use the new stuff they added.
Is it really that important to see which mods are being loaded and when? don't we already have a console for that.
Meh whatever. I'll just save up for a new pc.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.10-MB_Battlegear2-Bullseye-1.0.8.0.jar
AgriCraft-1.7.10-1.3.1.jar
Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.6 - MC 1.7.10.jar
compactstorage-1.7.10-release-2.0.0.9-universal.jar
HungerOverhaul-1.7.10-1.0.0.jarPam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10i.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.6.2.82-Base.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.6.2.82-Integration.jar
ResourceLoader-1.2.jar
SpiceOfLife-mc1.7.10-1.2.3.jar
StevesWorkshop-0.5.1.jar
So... why were these mods included in a "vanilla" pack? They strongly change basic concepts of the game, they EDIT not ADD functionality or drown out vanilla content.

I can understand the decorative mods and even bibliocraft because it tries for vanilla-esque and no-gui. I can also understand the storage mods (compactstorage and JABBA).

Battlegear is so far from vanilla it's not even funny. I can list off a dozen mods that extend places vanilla obviously could have gone into before that (yes I know, 1.9).
Carpenter's blocks can create horrible lag and make blocks do things they never will be able to do in vanilla (hi slopes!).
Agricraft. Seriously? CROP BREEDING?!
Hunger Overhaul, Spice of Life, Pam's Harvestcraft... um... since when are 50-thousand-billionty-five foods and an OVERHAUL of the food system in any way similar to vanilla?
Project Red. Redstone paste is much better idea, or Expanded Redstone. BP/PR are not in any way vanilla-esque anymore. Though at least you went with PR over BP.
Resource Loader ... ... why is this in every pack ever now? I really don't get it. Legit, no sarcasm.
Steve's... Steve's WORKSHOP?! In a vanilla pack. Wat?

Also why no FastCraft or the COFH version of it that I can't remember the name of?

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
So... why were these mods included in a "vanilla" pack? They strongly change basic concepts of the game, they EDIT not ADD functionality or drown out vanilla content.

I can understand the decorative mods and even bibliocraft because it tries for vanilla-esque and no-gui. I can also understand the storage mods (compactstorage and JABBA).

Battlegear is so far from vanilla it's not even funny. I can list off a dozen mods that extend places vanilla obviously could have gone into before that (yes I know, 1.9).
Carpenter's blocks can create horrible lag and make blocks do things they never will be able to do in vanilla (hi slopes!).
Hunger Overhaul, Spice of Life, Pam's Harvestcraft... um... since when are 50-thousand-billionty-five foods and an OVERHAUL of the food system in any way similar to vanilla?
Project Red. Redstone paste is much better idea, or Expanded Redstone. BP/PR are not in any way vanilla-esque anymore. Though at least you went with PR over BP.
Resource Loader ... ... why is this in every pack ever now? I really don't get it. Legit, no sarcasm.

Also why no FastCraft or the COFH version of it that I can't remember the name of?
If you dont like it..... Dont play it.
The mods included is what the pack author wants from vanilla...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019

The pack is not "Vanilla." The pack is "Vanilla+." That's a small but important distinction. :p
These are things that make Vanilla Minecraft better without changing the core feature set of the game. Take an example from a mod that isn't in this pack - IndustrialCraft. Install that, and the entire idea of gameplay is different. Instead of having the goal of, say, going to the End and defeating the dragon, your goal is now something else - a Mining Laser, maybe, or Quantum Suit armor. These mods don't add their own progression; they just add new stuff. Battlegear would be un-Vanilla if it added four fantasy metals and an alloying system, but it doesn't - the tools are all Vanilla materials and utilize Vanilla mechanics; the only real "new thing" is Dual-Wielding, which is more a novelty than anything.

Reactions: glepet1962