UU-Matter Problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I sometimes spend hours looking for a spot to build a house!

Why build bases when you got swag? no, for real, in my lifelong vanilla world I live in a cave, ampz in a beach, ftb beta in a meadows on the side of an autumn woods, and now in a meadows surrounded by jungle hills. Whatever I build looks horrible!

EDIT:You must be having horrible luck with seeds. I either have too much snow biomes or am almost always in a desert like environment. And the snow biomes only happen that much when I play without ExtraBiomesXL.

I haven't found a desert in my current world, and in the last one, it was FAR (like, extend the vanilla map item at max, the middle is the base, the far side is the side of the desert)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
If I don't finish the end before 2 hours of gameplay I'm doing something totally wrong...

Yep.
well we have already established that you're a powergamer and that is why you're "burnt out"
Your pacing is all out of wack and that's not an opinion, it's the reason why you get bored so easily.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
A good thing to note is that thanks to ExtraBiomesXL, gregtech's sapphires and rubies can spawn in a lot more biomes than just deserts and oceans. In fact they are fairly common if you look in biomes that share aspects of those specific bionomes like rubies in wastelands.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well we have already established that you're a powergamer and that is why you're "burnt out"
Your pacing is all out of wack and that's not an opinion, it's the reason why you get bored so easily.

well, I might get burnt out easily, but after a day or 2 I can come back and play again.

A good thing to note is that thanks to ExtraBiomesXL, gregtech's sapphires and rubies can spawn in a lot more biomes than just deserts and oceans. In fact they are fairly common if you look in biomes that share aspects of those specific bionomes like rubies in wastelands.

or you can use redpower gems.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, did you use...the glowstone recipe? Or did you find it in Villages? I know Netherrack's impossible to get unless you mine it, and soul sand can be obtained from scrap.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, did you use...the glowstone recipe? Or did you find it in Villages? I know Netherrack's impossible to get unless you mine it, and soul sand can be obtained from scrap.

My first glowstone came from using an industrial grinder on redstone ore. I now get most of it from a villager. I have not done any scrap, and I have no UU yet (iridium be a bitch if you dont auto-mine, my other personal challenge). I have a decent pile of soul sand, and can get some netherack and netherbrick when I need it. The only resource I totally lack is wither skulls and thus also nether stars.

EDIT: I know I was totally vague about how I obtained my stuffs, it was a ton of fun really diving into all the mods in the ultimate pack and figuring out ways around the common roadblocks. GT plays a pretty big role, but others are essential too. The only resource I even left the overworld for was ghast tears (from Twilight Forest), and I have not even used them yet. I highly encourage you to see what you can do.

EDIT2: I also did not use bees, simply because I have done them a fair bit in the past and wanted to take a new approach to automated resource generation.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
In Ultimate(which includes GregTech, so I don't know if it's possible in vanilla IC2) you can get netherrack from scrap boxes at a 0.64% chance. Take a piece of netherrack, a tome of alkestry, and a single unit of redstone dust, and you can craft 17 blocks of netherrack.
In addition, using a Sludge Boiler(from Minefactory Reloaded) to boil sludge(produced by harvesters when they harvest anything) you have a rare chance to get soul sand.(how rare? I have no idea.) But Sludge Boilers also can produce Clay, dirt, and sand(I think sand is on the list), and if you have ExtraBiomesXL active, you can get Quicksand, or Cracked Sand as well(maybe more, I forget all the details).
136349221150.png

Reactions: jumpfight5

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
In Ultimate(which includes GregTech, so I don't know if it's possible in vanilla IC2) you can get netherrack from scrap boxes at a 0.64% chance. Take a piece of netherrack, a tome of alkestry, and a single unit of redstone dust, and you can craft 17 blocks of netherrack.
In addition, using a Sludge Boiler(from Minefactory Reloaded) to boil sludge(produced by harvesters when they harvest anything) you have a rare chance to get soul sand.(how rare? I have no idea.) But Sludge Boilers also can produce Clay, dirt, and sand(I think sand is on the list), and if you have ExtraBiomesXL active, you can get Quicksand, or Cracked Sand as well(maybe more, I forget all the details).[/spoiler]

I did indeed use the sludge boiler for soul sand. You can jimmy soul sand into netherack/brick via a soul forge. The tome is entirely out though, it needs a wither skull to craft it. Unless it is available in a dungeon and i am crazy unlucky.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
But dont you need some soul sand to start that?

You can get soul sand from scrapboxes, I believe.

That aside, why the heck did a DireWolf20 thread turn into the usual anti-GregTech crowd whining about GregTech? It's DireWolf20, for the sake of all things!

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

That aside, why the heck did a DireWolf20 thread turn into the usual anti-GregTech crowd whining about GregTech? It's DireWolf20, for the sake of all things!

Actually it's related to GT (because his add-on adds the emerald uum recipe), but idk why it's transformed to anti-GT thread.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it's related to GT (because his add-on adds the emerald uum recipe), but idk why it's transformed to anti-GT thread.

because someone brought up GT and that brings out the torches and pitchforks

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Likely the only possible logically answer is "Because it's all Greg's fault, blame Greg!", I'm sure, eh?

All hail, Britannia! Seriously now.

because someone brought up GT and that brings out the torches and pitchforks
What's funny is that GregTech is the SOLUTION to the problem, eh? Too bad those that irrationally hate GregTech refuse to see that. So it goes.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Likely the only possible logically answer is "Because it's all Greg's fault, blame Greg!", I'm sure, eh?

Probably it started when someone said something good about GregTech, and then another replied with a counter-argument about that, oh well.. whatever..

Reactions: Whovian and Guswut

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

What's funny is that GregTech is the SOLUTION to the problem, eh? Too bad those that irrationally hate GregTech refuse to see that. So it goes.

yeah! everythig in gregnerf is nerfs, but if it has one little thing positive, it negates everything else!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
yeah! everythig in gregnerf is nerfs, but if it has one little thing positive, it negates everything else!

You obviously do not understand the concept of "balance" in regards to a game-changing modification, and evidently do not know what the term "nerf" means in regards to a changed balance. You are far too obsessed with this, it seems. While this is an understandable falling on your part, please stop forcefully spreading your ignorance. It is disgustingly rude, after the majority of us have painstakingly taken our time to try and explain it to you. Yes, we get that you don't like GregTech. Good luck with that, and I wish you the very best. Thanks!

Reactions: Whovian