UU-Matter Problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
In the latest version of the DW20 pack, I am unable to craft many items with UU-Matter, such as Emeralds or Leather. Is this a known bug, and is there a way to fix it?

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, hold on a minute. DW20 doesn't HAVE GregTech in it, so that wouldn't make much sense unless OP added it.

Were you able to craft them at any point previously? How are/were you trying to do it? Do you have any screenshots?

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
Well, hold on a minute. DW20 doesn't HAVE GregTech in it, so that wouldn't make much sense unless OP added it.

Were you able to craft them at any point previously? How are/were you trying to do it? Do you have any screenshots?
I haven't added Gregtech. I followed the exact recipes as they are shown on the FTB wiki. I can make diamonds and copper dust out of them, but not some other materials.

MeinerEiner

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it is just the wrong crafting pattern

Try changing the IC2.cfg
# Enable hiding of secret recipes in CraftGuide/NEI
B:enableSecretRecipeHiding=false
Now you can see all the UU recipes with NEI

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Emeralds are indeed added by GT. If you are on DW20 you will not be able to make them out of UU unless you add GT. GT does not just nerf stuff you know, he adds a lot too.

LIES GT is a nerfherding mod!!!!

Ok no really GT adds a lot of nice things. Thats one of the reason people get all bent out of shape becuase they don't want to remove it when it makes things harder becuase they want to keep all the new toys.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
LIES GT is a nerfherding mod!!!!

Ok no really GT adds a lot of nice things. Thats one of the reason people get all bent out of shape becuase they don't want to remove it when it makes things harder becuase they want to keep all the new toys.

Although a surprising amount of people think that Gravisuite is added by GT, and I must admit the lines get a little blurred for me too.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Although a surprising amount of people think that Gravisuite is added by GT, and I must admit the lines get a little blurred for me too.

It is from the fact a large part of GT is basically a Mod Mod. So yeah that line gets blurred a lot.

Either way I enjoy GT and do like that fact it slows down parts of the game adding a much needed pacing. But I do feel it could be done in better ways then just making stuff expsenive for the sake of making the time to get matirals longer. Honestly I want someone to steel Thuamcrafts idea and do some sort of resreach system. But thats just my wishfull thinking.

Reactions: Norfgarb

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I like when people say ''lulz gregtech ain't only nerfs, it makez you be able to uze rubis and zaphire for energy crystal and laprotron'' like that being added negates all it's nerfs...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I like when people say ''lulz gregtech ain't only nerfs, it makez you be able to uze rubis and zaphire for energy crystal and laprotron'' like that being added negates all it's nerfs...

Well those folks (me inculded) tend to not see them as Nerfs. But instead see them as pacing. I'm not saying a agree with them all but over all I do like the way GT makes something take more then just 1 day to power through to end game. But that is a diffrence in play style. Some like to have the best of everything as fast as possable others enjoy the progess to the best of everything.

This is the heart of a lot of side taking in GT. Both sides see things form there play style point of view. Both are actually correct in this. The issue is few understand this bais and feel others not of there mind set our wrong.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
If I don't finish the end before 2 hours of gameplay I'm doing something totally wrong...

Yep.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019

A lot of those recipes rock and only really exist to counter balance the mods nerfness by allowing you to negate increasing amounts of it as you progress though it. Grant it no matter what it will never fully remove the nerfness, only make it hurt less which is a good thing.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of those recipes rock and only really exist to counter balance the mods nerfness by allowing you to negate increasing amounts of it as you progress though it. Grant it no matter what it will never fully remove the nerfness, only make it hurt less which is a good thing.

but you forget that actually those recipes don't help much without redpower, since gregtech rubies spawn in desert and sapphires in ocean, ocean is easy to find (walk 1000 blocks in any direction...mojang) but deserts...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If I don't finish the end before 2 hours of gameplay I'm doing something totally wrong...

Yep.
Sometimes I don't even go to the end for months on a new world.
I sometimes spend hours looking for a spot to build a house! Then one has to get the resources, that can take days. Like, real life days. And after that, I build a home worthy of my attention, and THEN I go doing my nether business, and finding a end fortress isn't always easy(don't usually use minimaps do I can't tell which way I'm going), so that can take a day of work. Then I have to gather the resources for my armor for fighting the dragon, and the resources for finding the stronghold. And resources so I'm not just digging straight down.
But can I skip a lot and try to do it all in one day? Of course. But I'd be better off just fighting the wither at that point.(just need soulsand and some skulls, plus massive balls, some iron gear, and a couple cobblestone generators)
EDIT:
but you forget that actually those recipes don't help much without redpower, since gregtech rubies spawn in desert and sapphires in ocean, ocean is easy to find (walk 1000 blocks in any direction...mojang) but deserts...
You must be having horrible luck with seeds. I either have too much snow biomes or am almost always in a desert like environment. And the snow biomes only happen that much when I play without ExtraBiomesXL.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What would be great for EB configs would be the % any biome (even vanilla--like TE's vanilla ore enhancement). Or everything has a default of 1, and if you change it to two, it'll spawn twice as much. 3=3x as much. Most people just give up and make a Mystcraft world for their desired biomes (why not?), but if you want a few biomes occuring more often, and some less often...
Is there a mod that does this? :D