Using crystal core to draw nodes to my Laboratory

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
As the title suggests, I used a crystal core to draw an aura node outside my laboratory to the center of it. but I can't seem to activate the core again, do I need to break it and craft it again to repeat the process?

Attachments

• mine17.png
    mine17.png
    860.5 KB · Views: 275

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
it trys to pull the closest node to it but the closest node is alredy in it so it does nothing

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
but that node has been pulled out again due to newly planted silverwood trees outside. it's not there anymore so why won't the core reactivate? right clicking with the wand does nothing.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
As the title suggests, I used a crystal core to draw an aura node outside my laboratory to the center of it. but I can't seem to activate the core again, do I need to break it and craft it again to repeat the process?

Yes. You need to break it and re-craft it. You should get back a good portion of the components, but not all.

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
can't seem to draw the node in anymore, maybe it got too big, if so, will it be able to draw the node in if I drain the node down to 100 or so? it's current max is 1400

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
How far away is it? It can only pull in a node from 24 blocks away. I don't think the size of the node has anything to do with being able to move it though. Could the nitor on top of the totem be messing with it? according to the figure in the thaumanomicon it has air blocks in the place they are.

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
indeed the nitor was in the way, I moved them up one block, now they are directly beneath the crystal clusters :) and the core activated, it could even be activated a second time! it's going to stay right where it is :)

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there actually any benefit to moving your node right next to your lab?
not really... all it does is make wisps spawn in your base.

There is a benefit to moving the node into a sealed wisp killing zone near your lab though.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
not really... all it does is make wisps spawn in your base.

There is a benefit to moving the node into a sealed wisp killing zone near your lab though.

Putting it behind "Dat Glass" would look pretty amazing, I agree.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Wait this feature is working already?
Figured it wasn't working yet, haven't been able to get it to activate, does one have to do some research to be able to activate it first?
I tried using it in a new map to separate and combine a few nodes, but I just couldn't get it to work.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, you have to have the research to create the core which tells you the process of using it. Turning on the cheat sheet in the thaumcraft config will allow you to use it in a test world while you have the cheat sheet out though.

Reactions: Yuka

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
Research really is 80% of the fun, besides, the crystal core research was the first thing that popped up after the update. I might have struck some luck there but there were quite a lot of aspects in the research so I couldn't have done it in any other way.