Using AE to decompress cobble

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I figured out how to get ME to make compressed cobble.

I got a double chest full of octuple compressed cobble (yay me, I guess?)

Now I'm doing a project that I'm using a lot of cobblestone for.. and I want to decompress it without doing it by hand.

I've made the patterns needed, but I can't can't the ME interface to turn around and spit out the decompressed cobble. I know I can make it spit things out to a furnace, like sand to glass, but can't make it do anything with compressed cobble.

Ideas?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
There are two problems I can see. The first problem is that you have 2 patterns for double compressed cobble et. al. One for compressing and one for decompressing, but the MAC doesn't like having more than one recipe for an item. My advice would be to pipe your cobble through a series of factorization packagers to compress it and use your MAC recipes to decompress it as needed. The second problem is that if all this compression/decompression is automated you could get yourself stuck in a loop. If you go with my packager suggestion, hook up some dark cable or some sort of redstone toggle so that you don't keep repackaging your newly uncompressed cobble.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! I forgot to mention I took the patterns out of the system for compressing it so it wouldn't get recompressed, I did think of that step. Apologies that I forgot to say so.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... if your only patterns are the decompression ones, I have no clue why it wouldn't work. Is it pulling cobble from a storage bus somewhere possibly? Or are you just getting 0 cobble?

Or is the idea to constantly have a stack of uncompressed cobble in a chest (probably an ender chest hooked up to a pouch) waiting for you? If that's the case, make sure your interface/export bus is set to be able to craft.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Export it into an auto crafting table, then pull that out into another auto crafting table, and keep doing this until decompressed.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I did something similar to get rid of all the annoying UB cobble types. Used a fuzzy export bus to get all the cobble into a single chest, from there it was piped out through a dartcraft forcepipe that compressed it once, then through another forcepipe that decompressed it into regular vanilla cobble, then into an MFR DSU with a storage bus attatched. Force pipes work the best in this instance imo.

The question is if you can uncompress the cobblestone.
The answer is yes.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out a work around. I can't click "craft" within my ME interface and get it to decompress stuff. But, I took a precision export bus hooked up to an ender chest, set it to always craft, and put the various compressed types in it. It's not super fast (maybe that's limited by the crafting chamber's size. (said ender chest feeds right back into my ME system) the "project" I had was just lazy world maintenance, filling quarry holes back up with cobble.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that is a work around, I think that is how you're supposed to do it. Export bus set to always craft. Can still use your interface to provide the uncompressed cobble for whatever you're using it for. Use a level emitter to keep whatever level of the cobble you want uncompressed handy.