Username not changing in-game

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Cummings

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Username not changing in-game
Launcher Version:
Most recent
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Most Recent
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I recently changed the username for my minecraft account, and I changed the profile setup in the launcher as well, and it launches the game fine, but when I log into a world it still displays my old username. I was wondering if this is because there is a time between it updating in game and in the launcher, but I have no idea. This is only really and issue because after I signed into the launcher fine, I assumed it would work, so I signed up for a whitelisted server and registered with my new username, but my game is still displaying my old username. It seems to not change on restart of launcher and signing in/out.

G

GrandeAlessio

Try deleting the old nick related data from the pack/world

Last edited:

Oninoni

Jul 29, 2019
Username changing can take up to months in older Versions of minecraft. This is is a problem about how minecraft works. It should however work in the newest MC Version. There is nothing you can do about it except wait and hope