Use teleporter instead of portal to nether

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
Use teleporter instead of portal to nether..

is that posstible?

teleporter with mfsu and geothermal generator?
and link it to a teleporter on the surface?

the real story is that i have nether ores.. and i want to mine ores... but my castle is not that far from the spawn... 2-3000 blocks or so.. (small private server).. when i am using the nether portal.. it makes a portal close to the portal that is made on the spawn.. and people can easy find my castle.. i want to use a teleporter.. is that possible?

sorry for mye english :p

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
If you have access to to mystcraft, you can mkae mystcraft portals to link to any place in the nether by creating a book and yuor desired end location

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
Then mystcraft is in by defualt, you can easily use a pair of link books to get between any to points in two different dimensions( that is if your server allows the sue of mystcraft)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
If you are looking for the effect that you mentioned, you can explore mystcraft for a bit, and find some crystals. If you have a teleporter set up in your base, into a 3d crystal portal, it'll immediately shift dimensions when you step in, and similarly on the other side.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
otherwise you could make another normal nether portal and teleport in the overworld to the other portal and then go in. even though if u have mystcraft installed i would choose that. or use portal guns but i am not shure if they go into the nether

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
The portal gun only teleports with in the same dimension. if you have a portal open in the overworld and go to the nether and use the gun the portal in the overworld will still be there adn active when you get back like nothing even happened

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
but a teleporter wont work att all?.. i know nothing about mystcraft.. but have a lot of power and stuff for teleporters

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if a teleporter will work or not, but you really don't have to know anything about Mystcraft at all to solve this particular problem. Simply stand where you want to "teleport" to in the nether and craft a book by itself, thus creating a linking book. Now keep that book in the overworld (I would suggest putting it on a bookstand) and whenever you open it and click on the dark rectangle on the page, you will find yourself in the exact location where you first crafted that book. Repeat the process to create another linking book that will bring you back home.

All that said, a teleporter (IF it works) would be very cool. ;)