Upscaling RF power output

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
A different option, is to use the TE compression dynamo with ethanol. Take saplings from your tree farm, run them through a fermenter to get the green biomass, put the biomass in a still to get the orange ethanol. Feed that into compression dynamo.
Take apples from your tree farm, put them in a squeezer, use the juice in a second fermenter to make even more biomass from the same saplings. Take the mulch from the squeezer and put it into both fermenters.

100% renewable

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Ender pearl generators are incredibly efficient if you have a good supply of pearls, that is what I power my base from.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'll second the MFR Bio-Fuel setup. If you've already got a tree farm operational, then you can use the saplings from that to fuel it. I think each MFR Bio-Fuel Generator makes the equivalent of 250 RF/t while operational. If you want something a bit larger and a tad more demanding, you can also use MFR Bio-Fuel to run Railcraft boilers...though, I'm unsure as to their fuel level when compared to things like Ethanol or BC Fuel.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
o_O I keep forgetting about those irritating whores. Though, I don't typically use mob farms for anything (they tend to lag), I wonder how much power one could get off witches in a MFR farm. Also, is there any way to use their potion drops for power? If not, there should be, damn it!

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
o_O I keep forgetting about those irritating whores. Though, I don't typically use mob farms for anything (they tend to lag), I wonder how much power one could get off witches in a MFR farm. Also, is there any way to use their potion drops for power? If not, there should be, damn it!
ExtraUtils potion generator

Reactions: RavynousHunter

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ender pearl generators are incredibly efficient if you have a good supply of pearls, that is what I power my base from.
I know they are pretty damn good, judging from your post on energy output from them here:
The time varies depending on the fuel source though, since ender pearls, enderlily seeds and ender eyes can be used. 20m 50s for an ender pearl, 2h for the seed, and 25m for the eye.
Compounded with @SinisterBro :3 with his post on power output, anyway, but I find the bit about them being incredibly efficient a bit suspect. Not because I think they aren't, but rather because how can they be if they are basically the only way to use those for power? To me, incredibly efficient implies incredibly efficient compared to other things using these for power. And all I can compare those to is GT, and it doesn't work on those seeds.(IIRC)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Witches drops redstone, glowstone, sugar, sticks, spider eyes and sometimes, glass bottles.
They are a pretty good target for a mfr mob farm though they are pretty rare as a natural spawn.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
#
I know they are pretty damn good, judging from your post on energy output from them here:

Compounded with @SinisterBro :3 with his post on power output, anyway, but I find the bit about them being incredibly efficient a bit suspect. Not because I think they aren't, but rather because how can they be if they are basically the only way to use those for power? To me, incredibly efficient implies incredibly efficient compared to other things using these for power. And all I can compare those to is GT, and it doesn't work on those seeds.(IIRC)
I class them as incredibly efficient as ender pearls are really easy to get a large quantity of and you get ~26kRF per pearl, which is nice.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
#
I class them as incredibly efficient as ender pearls are really easy to get a large quantity of and you get ~26kRF per pearl, which is nice.

You get actually 2 Mio RF from a single Ender pearl. (1250 secs= 25000 ticks * 80 RF/tick)

A setup from my Agrarian Sky world: 20x10 Cursed Earth spawner with 8 MFR grinders. Mob Essence and gunpowder is used in 3 Reactant Dynamos to power the grinders, everything else goes back into the base. There are another 20 Reactant Dynamos running just from the essence and gunpowder and there is still a surplus on both.

I could use some of the remaining gunpowder in TNT Generators (far away from the base, they are really noisy). The ender pearls could run a couple Ender generators. Not sure if Rotten Flesh and/or spider eyes can be used in a MFR Bioreactor, together with the bone meal that could run another couple Biofuel generators.

Although the best option is probably to set up a Witch spawner from the spare mob essence. They drop a lot of stuff to make potions for the potion generator (including bottles) and the more advanced potions create a lot of energy. Example: Netherwart (Awkward potion) -> Spider Eye (Poison) -> Fermented spider eye (Harming) -> Glowstone (Harming II) -> Gunpowder (Splash potion of Harming). Aside from the Netherwart it's all witch drops, it's a 5-step potion and will generate 320 RF/tick for 40 secs in a potion generator.