Updating Infinity Server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dark_Arkon

Jul 29, 2019
We are currently running an Infinity server version 1.3.4 and I want to update as far as we can without resetting our world. Can anyone tell me where to look to find that out or better yet just tell me what version we can safely update to without needing to reset our world. Thanks y'all.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Normally you shouldn't have to reset your world at all. Just make sure you have a good backup before you upgrade and try it out then. If all fails you can always go back to the backup

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB Team has made a concerted effort to make sure all mods (particularly those that require world gen) are included from the get-go in 1.7. Mod will update, but nothing should outright break your world between versions. As stated above, ALWAYS back up before updating (not a bad practice to update occasionally anyway). Things should be fine, but should things go sideways, you've not lost anything but time and pulled out hair.