Windows .exe Updating/Downloading minecraft.jar extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalXiOn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys!
I am trying to force update my ftb client - it downloads the modpack which is about 25-35mb in about 5-7 mins but when it comes to downloading minecraft.jar it just sits at 1 or 2% and does not download anymore.
I checked my firewall/antivirus settings and even disabled them and tried again - still no luck.
I even tried on my MBP - same result.. so because of this I'm not able to launch the game properly.

Is there any way of manually downloading and patching the jar files?

Thanks.

DJGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, its been doing the same thing for me too, not only that, but it seems to freeze my entire internet.

GalXiOn

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, its been doing the same thing for me too, not only that, but it seems to freeze my entire internet.
Well my internet is no problem... but it may have something to do with my internet's connection with mojang server for downloading the jar files..I hope there is a workaround for this ;(...

DJGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Not for me, the vanilla launcher works, just not the FTB launcher.

I've since given up on trying to get it to work and just added the pack (downloaded from the creeperrepo) to a MultiMC instance.

Aleishianna

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said you already downloaded the modpack by itself, but I would suggest if you want to use the launcher try changing the download location. Not sure if it will help but it's worth a try. Go into the options tab then Advanced Options and under the drop-down menu for Download Location choose the one closest to you. All in all it tends to speed up the download speed so it may help.

GalXiOn

Jul 29, 2019
Those files come straight from majang, not FTB. Do you have this issue with the vanilla launcher?
Oh yes! I have the same problem in updating vanilla minecraft also!But vanilla managed to pull through downloading at about 2-3kbps.. tho it took >1Hr x.x...

I know you said you already downloaded the modpack by itself, but I would suggest if you want to use the launcher try changing the download location. Not sure if it will help but it's worth a try. Go into the options tab then Advanced Options and under the drop-down menu for Download Location choose the one closest to you. All in all it tends to speed up the download speed so it may help.
Hmmm.. changing the location only changes the location of the modpack server right? but that is not the problem..I have no problem downloading the mod pack.. its only downloading from mojang servers(Minecraft jar files) that is causing the problem..

GalXiOn

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:
FINALLYYYY!! IT WORKS!!! :) :) Updating minecraft jar files are now abt 5-4 secs max.. idk what fixed it but it all works fine now!
Thanks all for your support! :D

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I would check the server threads... I usually only play SMP.... except for very rare exceptions. I usually like to build bigger more efficent projects vs showy / super fast stuff.

Right now I am playing DW20 and only using Factorization for the ore processing... as far as I can go. (except for the stuff Factorization will not do) I am automating everything with AE and it is coming along pretty well, I really am enjoying the bonus to productivity... 10 stacks of Iron Ore end up 28+ stack of ingots.

Status
Not open for further replies.