Solved Updating Direwolf20 Server.

Mark Wascher Jr

Jul 29, 2019
I run a small 4 man server with my friends and we use the Direwolf20 pack. I have not had much problems updating the pack before when updates come out but version 5.01 is giving me some issues that i need help resolving. I try to update by replacing all the files that the new server zip will replace and the server runs fine. When I or my friends go cliant side and try to connect to the server it says there is a communication error on the MC multiplayer screen. I thought I had it fixed last night by removing Twilight Forest from the pack but it seems to be broken again this morning.

I've done a bit of trouble shooting on it by starting a whole new world and that seems to go just fine but the problem seems to come up when I insert my existing world file.

My server properties are all correct with my IP address so i know its not an IP issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
I have read quiet abit of problems with existing worlds today not working after the upgrade, does the server give an backup / upgrade function aswell. Ifnot you might wanna load it up in single player first and load it backup in th server afterwards ;) (always make a backup first offcourse)

The ipadres you entered in the properties is that your external or internal ipadres? entering the wrong one will cause connection issues :p

Mark Wascher Jr

Jul 29, 2019
I have read quiet abit of problems with existing worlds today not working after the upgrade, does the server give an backup / upgrade function aswell. Ifnot you might wanna load it up in single player first and load it backup in th server afterwards ;) (always make a backup first offcourse)

The ipadres you entered in the properties is that your external or internal ipadres? entering the wrong one will cause connection issues :p

I'm just using the stock ftb server with no extra mods. I'm not 100% sure but I don't recall seeing any commands for backup. As for the IP address it should not have changed because I just kept the server properties file. I use hamachi to do the port forwarding.

I noticed DW posted a video about twilight forest causing issues with mystcraft. His video was for SSP not for SMP though. How would I load it in single player. Do I just paste the world file the single player folder without having to do anything special?

While we are at it any suggestions on an auto backup mod for a ftb server?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
loading a world in ssp is simple (depending on you have your ssp setup)

1) server and client are on the same machine: just copy the wold folder (with everything in it) to your client folder and open it in that client where you select singleplayer.
2) server and cleint are on different machines: download / copy over network etc the worldfolder (with everything in it) and open it in a client where you select singleplayer.

!IMPORTANT: Make sure you adjust your Twilightforest config file on both client and server to the same ID (one that isn't in use by mystcraftworlds aka got mine both on 700) before lauching the singleplayer on the client.
!IMPORTANT2: Also make sure you make a .zip / .rar or .7z backup of your v4 world incase something goes wrong ;)

After they migration is done in SSP you can just copy / reupload + overwrite the old worldfolder and everything should work (atleast did for me just finished my migration from v4 to v5 without any problems)

Mark Wascher Jr

Jul 29, 2019
loading a world in ssp is simple (depending on you have your ssp setup)

1) server and client are on the same machine: just copy the wold folder (with everything in it) to your client folder and open it in that client where you select singleplayer.
2) server and cleint are on different machines: download / copy over network etc the worldfolder (with everything in it) and open it in a client where you select singleplayer.

!IMPORTANT: Make sure you adjust your Twilightforest config file on both client and server to the same ID (one that isn't in use by mystcraftworlds aka got mine both on 700) before lauching the singleplayer on the client.
!IMPORTANT2: Also make sure you make a .zip / .rar or .7z backup of your v4 world incase something goes wrong ;)

After they migration is done in SSP you can just copy / reupload + overwrite the old worldfolder and everything should work (atleast did for me just finished my migration from v4 to v5 without any problems)

This seemed to have solved it. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Nessiroj

FlackyBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have almost the same problem as Mark wascher JR but i didn't really understood the process of fixing it :-S

Mark Wascher Jr

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have almost the same problem as Mark wascher JR but i didn't really understood the process of fixing it :-S
Direwolf20 put out a video on how to fix the problem. For servers you just have to adapt it a little. Here is the video. The part were he talks about changing the config. file of Twilight Forest is the part you want to do. You just do this to your server and client files. Here are some steps.

1. BACKUP your current server files. Just make a copy of everything in that folder.
2. Download and unzip the new server. Replace all the files from the in the server folder with the new ones that are in the zip files. NOTE: i noticed that the .jar file in this one is a different name. The previous one for V4 was named Direwolf20.jar and the new one is FTBserver.jar. Just delete the Direwolf20.jar and replace it with the new .jar.
3. Update you FTB Direwolf20 pack on your client side.
4. Do the process described in that Direwolf20 Video to BOTH the client and the server files. I changed the Number mention to 700 on mine.
5. In your server files copy your whole world file and past it in your client saves folder. This should be something like Direwolf20>Minecraft>Saves
6. Launch your FTB launcher and launch the direwolf20 pack. Once it loads select single player. Your world should be there. Load it.
7. A screen may pop up with a yes and no button. PRESS YES.
8. Once it has loaded you may quit the game. (NOTE this happened on mine it may just be me but it took forever to exit the "shutting down internal servers screen so i just force quit MC)
9. Go back into your Saves file once MC is closed and copy that wold file once more.
10. Paste that world file back into your server folder and override any prompts it comes up with.
11. Launch MC and your good to go.
NOTE i believe everyone on the server has to update that Twilight forest config file on their client. THey must update it to the same number that the server was updated to.

Reactions: Rogue2eagle

FlackyBoy

Jul 29, 2019
well i did what you told me and i'm still getting this message :

2013-01-30 15:26:45 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception DuplicateModsFoundException
cpw.mods.fml.common.DuplicateModsFoundException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyDuplicates(Loader.java:375)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:336)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:458)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
2013-01-30 15:26:45 [SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: /home/serveur17/minecraft/./crash-reports/crash-2013-01-30_15.26.45-server.txt
[DOUBLEPOST=1359556009][/DOUBLEPOST]but i didn't change the twilight forest id. i just deleted the dim_myst 7

Dekar

Jul 29, 2019
well i did what you told me and i'm still getting this message :

2013-01-30 15:26:45 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception DuplicateModsFoundException
cpw.mods.fml.common.DuplicateModsFoundException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyDuplicates(Loader.java:375)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:336)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:458)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
2013-01-30 15:26:45 [SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: /home/serveur17/minecraft/./crash-reports/crash-2013-01-30_15.26.45-server.txt[DOUBLEPOST=1359556009][/DOUBLEPOST]but i didn't change the twilight forest id. i just deleted the dim_myst 7

Check the mods folder, error is for duplicate mods from that error.