Updated server to Unleashed 1.1.4 and blocks are missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukisho

Jul 29, 2019
I run a server through minecraft-illimity.net and we wanted to update to 1.1.4. Now I think we did this right. We removed everything except the unleashed folder and uploaded everything from the 1.1.4 server zip. Started the server up and most of the blocks that have been placed in the world by the player are no longer there.

Anyone have this happen to them before and how do I fix it?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Hvae you re-enabled the mods that come set as disabled by default? I'm not sure how your server host runs their servers, but there shouldn't be an "unleashed" directory on a server, should just be a "minecraft" folder.

Did you make sure to delete the mods/coremods folders before you uploaded all the new files?

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
The unleashed folder you are seeing might be left over from their automation of the server setup process (I'm guessing from the look of it that you logged into a control panel, picked the type of server/jar you wanted, and then clicked install?).

The Unleashed folder shouldn't have anything to do with your actual server (to test this you could always change the name and see if your server still starts up, if it doesn't, changing the name back would fix it...but I seriously doubt it will effect anything).

The mods/coremods/config directories that are in the main / directory are what needs to be deleted (make sure you redo any changes to configs when you upload the new files), and then the new 1.1.4 files should be added to the / directory.

Can you show what's in the Unleashed folder? (I'm 95% sure it's just a dummy/unneeded folder).

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
ah, that is the world folder, they just have it renamed to Unleashed for some reason (so I liked, don't rename it :))

You should just be able to do what I said in my previous post, delete the mods/coremods/config folders, and then upload everything from the 1.1.4 download into your main /directory and overwrite everything that's left.

yukisho

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I originally tried. But when I logged into the server, most, not all blocks from FTB were just no where they were placed at. It was odd, some blocks were there while most others were not.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Did any of the files you uploaded go into the Unleashed directory (they shouldn't have), that directory (the world directory) is what controls where all blocks in your world are.

Can you tell if the missing blocks are from specific mods? Like...are you talking about certainly machines missing, or are there actual vanilla blocks (dirt, stone, etc) missing as well?

yukisho

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing was added to the unleashed folder. The missing blocks were from a range of different mods. From rubber tree's to electric furnaces to every type of piping.

Status
Not open for further replies.