[Update not so sad anymore]Underwater Beekeeper Shoop is a sad Shoop

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not creative enough to live somewhere like that. I'm living in a hole in the side of a cliff right now. :(

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You might be able to use a glass pillar above your apiaries to pipe in sunlight, but I wasn't aware water blocked sky view in the first place, and I know glass doesn't. Is there something else obstructing view?

In other news, mad props to you for not giving up and persevering where others would have thrown up their hands and used a new seed. You, sir, are da man.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe replace the water above the apiaries with glass?

And this is the answer I was poking around in creative on a test map trying to find out just what it was complaining about. And yes a glass spire 1x1x20 makes it possible. Now I just need move all my bee stuff to a location that is more fixed and make some glass towers in my LP world. I was just sort of poking at bees when I ran into this problem. But I have a place picked out just need to build my little be home and add the glass columns.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You should take screenshots when it's finished, i'm curious to see how it looks :)

Will do. I'm was not huge show off my work sort of person but sort of got drawn into it with that Show us your base thread. Been cramming all sorts of screen shots of my base and build on my flickr because of it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I always hoped that forestry would change it so things like leaf blocks, water or glass does not block the line of sight of bees, hope it still gets changed :(

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I always hoped that forestry would change it so things like leaf blocks, water or glass does not block the line of sight of bees, hope it still gets changed :(

Glass does not block Line of sight to the sky. That is what I have done to fix my issue.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So here we go the Undersea Beekeeping Shoop has battled the cold deepths of the ocean and has won!

Heres the top of my glass pipes they go down the the top of my glass box the box itself is 64x64x8 and holds much more then my bee stuff it has my farms of the such also.

2013-01-13_03.41.38 by Saice, on Flickr

This is my Bee home. Its a hexagon. We the undersea shoop corp polled over 100 bee hives and 99 out of 100 hives agreed this is was the best shape.

2013-01-13_03.49.49 by Saice, on Flickr

It supports 24 Apiaries each with its own little magic light to keep the bees happy.

2013-01-13_03.50.09 by Saice, on Flickr

As you can see they even starting Buzzing about (actually its kind of hard to see in the pic)

2013-01-13_03.50.51 by Saice, on Flickr

BEHOLD my first Comb!

2013-01-13_03.55.48 by Saice, on Flickr

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I have tons of cobble. Stuff it in a pulverizer to get sand then smelt. I did run low at one point and had to make an cobble maker while working the main room. It ate up like 6 barrels of cobble to make the sand and glass for the 64x64 area.