[Update not so sad anymore]Underwater Beekeeper Shoop is a sad Shoop

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno what pack you're in Saice, but if you're on the mindcrack pack, you could make a few extra bee machines to inoculate Cave Dwelling into all your bees. That would allow you to have a "true" underwater base without those glass pillars shooting up.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I am thinking about that. yeah I'm using hard mode Mindcrack pack. I have a small Rock Bee Api on the side I'm playing with for just such an idea.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
From what I remember, the only advantage of the alveary over apiary is that you don't need frames for maximum productivity. Everything else is needed as normal.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Do alvearies need sunlight?

Actually for giggles I thought I would test it.

It is not the Alv or the Api that cares about sunlight at all. its the Bee that cares.

As you can see here one bee type and it is all OMG NO SUN

2013-01-14_02.19.44 by Saice, on Flickr

But with this other type No problem what so ever.

2013-01-14_02.20.13 by Saice, on Flickr

also as a side it appears ANY SLAB can be used for the top of you Alv not just wood ones.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
make glass covers (rp2) they dont count as blocks

Its not the glass that is blocking the sky but the water. The whole issue was started becuase I was underwater I have fixed this issue in my world by added huge long stacks of glass. But since some asked about the Alv I figured Id test it.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Did you test which block of an alveary needs to be open to sunlight? Or is it all nine of them?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Did you test which block of an alveary needs to be open to sunlight? Or is it all nine of them?

Well rember it is not the block but the bee that wants the sky. Some bees work fine with the sky blocked off.

But when they do my testing showed the Api only being 1 block needed a 1x1 block space above it to the sky and glass worked fine. Did not test with leaves. ... wait one sec *boots up test world* ... ok Leaves no... but oddly Fences, Fence gates, Iron bars, glass panes, and trap doors all work.

As for the alveray it is only the center block that matters so you can use a 1x1 tower over it if your building underground or under water or just want to have it inside.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I know that Ultimate adds mods that have magic in them, but I didn't know it had a mod that added in Necromancy.

Necromancy is just one of them skills you pick up if you hang around on forums long enough.

Oh my god... just when I'm running low on ideas Shoop gives me a new challenge. *hugs Shoop*

Go forth and build your underwater/ground bee farm and be happy.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
In one of the forums I go, one guy managed to necrobump a thread from five years ago.
The site was a month old when that thread started.

Qwertz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure you will find a way around this problem! Good luck! :)
EDIT: I just saw Itharians reply, cave dwelling should work!