Up to 9000

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
120 My physics teacher had a Jacob's ladder that he brought in one day. Also a Van de Graaff generator that he brought out a couple of times and zapped people with.

I remember holding a metal rod against the faucet of one of the sinks in that classroom (because all the science rooms had sinks, for some reason) and watching the guy standing on a milk crate with one hand on the Van de Graaff zap himself repeatedly by bringing his other hand close to the other end of the rod I was holding, while I didn't feel a thing. Good times.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
122 I think it's because the architects knew where they were going to put the science rooms, but did not know which rooms would be used for what classes. So they just outfitted all the rooms on that hallway with sinks, those fancy black table- and countertops you see in chemistry labs, and all the other jazz that's really only needed for chemistry and biology.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
124 Yeah... the chemistry and biology teachers asked for windows (as in the actual physical kind, not the OS) so they could open them and get some fresh air while doing their particularly smelly experiments, and instead got Solartubes on literally the only hallway in the entire building without actual windows.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway, since none of the windows elsewhere in the building actually open.