Up to 9000

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
2000 wasn't there supposed to be computer carnage at the start of this year? due to speculation that a lot of dates where only stored using the last 2 digits of the year to safe space?

I actually have no idea if it really ended up being a problem or not, which probably means it was not a problem :)

edit and....ninjad, 2001 well, if there were any problems they should have been fixed before the start of this year

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
2000 wasn't there supposed to be computer carnage at the start of this year? due to speculation that a lot of dates where only stored using the last 2 digits of the year to safe space?

I actually have no idea if it really ended up being a problem or not, which probably means it was not a problem :)

edit and....ninjad, 2001 well, if there were any problems they should have been fixed before the start of this year

Yeah, because it was anticipated and most computers were updated to not have the problem before it struck, I think issues were isolated to just a few cases.