"Unofficial" Update to MineFactory Reloaded?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
So .. does anyone know if this 'Unofficial Update' to MFR being done by samrg472 is legit? (Is it being done with PowerCrystals' permissions?)

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019

jasondm

Jul 29, 2019
Using the 1.6.4 versions (build 73 for MFR and 36 for PCC) and besides some bugs most things working fine. I'm not sure if powercrystals specifically sanctions it but it is open source and the license on powercrystal's MCF post can imply anyone can do whatever they want with it. powercrystals has also been MIA for two months now, hopefully just on vacation or something.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
but it is open source and the license on powercrystal's MCF post can imply anyone can do whatever they want with it.

Do you mean this:
Free for non-commercial use. You are free to include any of my mods in any modpacks or server-specific packs without needing to ask permission (but it'd be nice to hear if you do!), provided something either in the download or on your site lists me as the creator. You are also free to produce Bukkit ports. A link to this thread would be nice for any of the above, but that's all I ask.

You also have implied permission to build mods that depend on PowerCrystalsCore, if you want some of the functionality in there.
Source Code
I have a GitHub account! Feel free to check out how my stuff is programmed for your curiosity or even your own use, or just follow to see when I post bugfixes so you can laugh at how bad I am at programming. You may not claim source code from here wholesale as your own; if you're in doubt, just ask me.
I wouldn't jump to conclusion that this gives permission to release forked mfr. You can fork source code and modify it because it is hosted on github, but I don't think this extends to distributing binaries.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
My big issue is that people are posting problems with it on the GitHub and Samrg's response to all of them is usually just the equivalent of "You're doing it wrong" and closes the issue. I've seen a fair number of valid bug reports and crash reports just shut down by some nonsensical answer from Samrg.

For instance: If I have a 1.6.2 platform I am testing on, which the last versions of MFR and PowerCrystalsCore were released for, I get "Minimum Requirement - PowerCrystalsCore 1.1.7 or higher" as a halt error on screen. What versions of which files should I be get from the Jenkins to eliminate this error?