Unleashed Villages?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Where are they? :)

Did Unleashed alter the spawn rate on Villages?
I can find one:(

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
depends, if you're using BoP that might make the landscape not spawnable enough for villages.
in my new world I actually spawned within 50 blocks of a village, but I do have BoP generation disabled for the overworld

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
depends, if you're using BoP that might make the landscape not spawnable enough for villages.
in my new world I actually spawned within 50 blocks of a village, but I do have BoP generation disabled for the overworld
Nope Default FTB download.
Although I have to say I like Biomes Plenty.
Just didn't enable it, and now I started a World do want too.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Nope Default FTB download.
Although I have to say I like Biomes Plenty.
Just didn't enable it, and now I started a World do want too.

then I guess you have that bad minecraft luck, where you're looking for a specific thing, but you'll never find it, like cactus or a jungle biome.
but if you just need villagers you can cure a zombie villager, catch it with a safari net, and put it in the auto-spawner of MFR to spawn more villagers

Reactions: Riuga

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
With just vanilla biomes, villages can spawn in two places: Plains and Deserts.

Past FTB packs have used ExtraBiomesXL, which did two things:
(1) It enabled village spawning in ALL vanilla biomes by default
(2) It enabled village spawning in ALL of its own biomes by default

As a result, maps made with ExtraBiomesXL installed had on average five times the number of villages you're expected to get. If Biomes O'plenty does not do the same thing (I wouldn't know, I haven't toyed with it yet), and you're limited to default vanilla rates, well... with just two out of 80+ biomes... good luck.

Reactions: MrOleg

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It's in the BoP config. It is under "allow villages", it should be at the very top. Some are set to false, some are set to true. I recommend just setting all of them to true.

Reactions: RedBoss

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
BoP has config options to enable/disable village generation per biome. It still follows the rules of placement (a bit). What I have also done is decreased the distance between villages to help balance against the new biome generation.

Edit: Ninja'd

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
TY All,

Still hunting a Village.
But tried something different and went for a Stronghold. First attempt had me running around in circles getting nowhere. Just tried again and it actually worked. Percentaged based on Ender pearls used?
Friday Night and enjoying myself as usual :)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It's in the BoP config. It is under "allow villages", it should be at the very top. Some are set to false, some are set to true. I recommend just setting all of them to true.

I don't. Not if you want the villages to be remotely sensible in form.

BoP doesn't seem to have quite as robust a site validation for where to put villages (not quite as bad as EBXL, but not as good as vanilla). As the default configs go, I've found villages in forests and swamps, but, if you allow them in all biomes, then they'll be in volcanoes, mountainsides and creepy forests.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I don't. Not if you want the villages to be remotely sensible in form.

BoP doesn't seem to have quite as robust a site validation for where to put villages (not quite as bad as EBXL, but not as good as vanilla). As the default configs go, I've found villages in forests and swamps, but, if you allow them in all biomes, then they'll be in volcanoes, mountainsides and creepy forests.

Just because you allow it to spawn villages doesn't mean it will. And remember in XBXL when villages would spawn on redwood trees, and in those autumn forests that had massive hills for some reason? I have been using BoP since it was out for 1.5.1 and haven't seen a single volcano.

burkmopp

Jul 29, 2019
Having the same, issue, got the jet boots upgrade, found a portal gun, so I'm traveling realy fast but I'm not finding a single village, zero, none. I have yet to find a neather fort too, and I have coverd ALOT of terrain. By now I must have raided like, 10+ burial mounds, 20+ wisp spawning thingies, a pyramid, a few jungle temples... a witch hut, found two abandoned mines, some dungeons.

Maybe I'm traveling to fast for them to generate properly? But seriously, this is getting silly. I have only ben able to get emeralds from lootbags and dungeon chests and I haven't had the luck to find any blaze rods.

*and I'm using default world generation. Maybe natura is messing with things?