Unleashed or Ultimate ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
So my server is resetting soon and we will be moving over to Ultimate as well as opening up a new server for Unleashed !

Now i have no idea which one i should play on ? Could you guys help me decide ?

Just say which one you would play on and why :p

Thank you so much

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 vs. 1.5.2

That is sorta the main defining factor, aside from that Ultimate may have more mods. Those of which you can add yourself manually to Unleashed if you so desired.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
The main thing thats holding me back is gregtech aside from that I would change over without a doubt !

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
gregtech is only in unhinged, if its a greg-free experience you want go for unleashed ;)
EDIT: ninja reve is ninja :p

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
For now I'm going with Unleashed, but I do miss GT. For me there is no competition between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 though, 1.5.2 is miles ahead imo.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that while Unleashed will get updates, Ultimate won't. You'll start lagging behind more and more and modders aren't going to backport new stuff to 1.4.7 versions of their mod.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that while Unleashed will get updates, Ultimate won't. You'll start lagging behind more and more and modders aren't going to backport new stuff to 1.4.7 versions of their mod.

I thought Unleashed would not be update-able to 1.6 as well, given that the 1.6 core has drastically changed, yet again, with regards to how MC works?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'd personally go with unleashed. You can always add GT too.

I'm saying that because I'm running the 152wgt beta pack, and I'm finding myself wishing for the newer updates, and I'm only a month or so out of date. Mods go fast, and so you should go with the fastest modpack, which I'm sure will be unleashed, as it's replacing Ultimate.

1.5 vanilla mechanics are awesome too.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate has become a dead modpack. There are no more updates in the future and worlds are not compatible with Unleashed or any 1.5 modpack. Most of the things from redpower are coming to FTB (we already have microblocks and red wiring is in the works), xycraft is planned to return in 1.6, and it's possible to re-add gregtech. If you're starting a new world, I'd highly suggest Unleashed.

I thought Unleashed would not be update-able to 1.6 as well, given that the 1.6 core has drastically changed, yet again, with regards to how MC works?
It seems they keep going back and forth on whether or not 1.5 packs will work in 1.6. There's going to be some terrain updates, but it seems like a possibility. Taking the state of how long it takes modpacks to catch up with MC versions, you're probably going to get 3-4 months out of Unleashed.

EpicCenter

Jul 29, 2019
So my server is resetting soon and we will be moving over to Ultimate as well as opening up a new server for Unleashed !

Now i have no idea which one i should play on ? Could you guys help me decide ?

Just say which one you would play on and why :p

Thank you so much

Ultimate, because unleashed is going to give performance issues due to file size and you get redpower in ultimate

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
The world for Unleashed is quite different. The biomsoplenty mod really makes the world different. I played on Ultimate since it came out, and I was skeptical about Unleashed, but the world makes it worth it to me.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate, because unleashed is going to give performance issues due to file size

This is untrue. Performance is (in my experience) 25+% better in Unleashed. The 1.5 update really fixed up fps issues that were present in 1.4. RedPower has got some mega lag machines (timer, sequencer, filter, etc). Unleashed is only 5.9MB larger than Ultimate.

Unleashed has Tinkers Construct, BoP, and some other new mods (DartCraft... blehg). Ultimate does have GT and RP2, which are both great mods. Also, Unleashed is 1.5 so it has Nether Quartz. Ultimate also has a few dupe bugs that were fixed in Unleashed (Forestry bags prevent InvTweaks dupe by disabling keyboard shortcut, and RedPower is not in Unleashed).

I say go with Unleashed.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed, and if you want to, you can add GT. few ID conflicts, and every time the pack updates you have to add it back in, but the configs dont change at least, so if youve set up for easier recipies (especially the starting ones. blarg) they stay changed. its worth bugging whoever runs the server about in my opinion.

ultimates an epic pack, but unleashed as nearly as much content, and is more up to date.
so even w/o GT i would reccomend it.