Unleashed: AE single item assembly using inputs from diff sources?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to get a handle on my bee production before my drives overflow...

An example to illustrate the question I'm trying to ask:
For reasons unknown, I was able to breed 2 separate bee species that produce diamonds. I was unsure which produced more, so I bred both and have both producing in my farm [it's DIAMONDS after all, and can you really have too many?]. I'm setting up AE to auto-assemble the shards & fragments into diamonds. There's an encoded pattern for each recipe in the chamber, and an Interface with an export bus attached. The bus is setup to export diamonds and set to always craft. The problem is that AE will only craft the first diamond recipe in the chamber...it ignores the second even when out of mats for the first.

Is there any way to make this work so AE will craft internally using both sets of inputs? Or am I forced to use external crafting for one?

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Point a level Emitter on an Export Bus and the Export Bus on an Interface. The Export Bus is set to autocraft Diamonds out of one type of shard. The Level Emitter is set to emit a signal when there are more than 9 shards of this type.
Repeat for the second type of shard.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Point a level Emitter on an Export Bus and the Export Bus on an Interface. The Export Bus is set to autocraft Diamonds out of one type of shard. The Level Emitter is set to emit a signal when there are more than 9 shards of this type.
Repeat for the second type of shard.
I've tired this method and it works, but only for a single shot. When I connect the cable, AE seems to craft using both sets of inputs. But when both sets of inputs have been reduced to levels below what the emitter requires to send out a signal, the behaviour reverts back to only crafting using the first recipe in the chamber.

Using a single Interface, I've got precision export buses on either side, network connection is through bottom of Interface. Export buses are directed towards an Interface side, powered from underneath, set to export diamonds, and set to always craft when redstone signal present. Emitters are directed down onto each bus, powered through the top of the Interface, and set to emit redstone signal when levels above limit (6 and 9).

This problem is reproducible if you remove/replace cable above Interface which powers both emitters. Whichever input is above limit gets crafted until both are below limit, then only first recipe in chamber is used.

You stated to have the bus craft out of one type of shard. I don't know what you mean. If I set the buses to export the inputs only, nothing happens. If I set the buses to export inputs and diamonds, it works one time then reverts back to single input behavior.

FYI though, the Diamandi bee produces diamonds faster than the Diamond bee, even though its recipe requires more (9 shards vs 6 fragments for the Diamond bee).

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I see the problem.
My suggestion wasn't good.
I guess you will have to use an external mod to autocraft both Shards into Diamonds.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
On the contrary, your suggestion was good...but for some reason it doesn't seem to work after the system runs out of materials/resets. I was asking if there was a solution for future bee species, but it seems like this situation is limited to a few species only. Ex: I also have 2 diff bees which produce gold, but one gives nuggets and the other dusts, so AE can assemble both in the same network.

Since the idea does work at first, there should be a way to make it always work, no?

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar problem dealing with dust and shard recipes, so I created an AE subnet, exported and buffered one type of items into it, and exported back the resulting crafted products to the main network.

Let me know if you need more details or pics

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar problem dealing with dust and shard recipes, so I created an AE subnet, exported and buffered one type of items into it, and exported back the resulting crafted products to the main network.

Let me know if you need more details or pics

Subnet, that's a good idea. But would the subnet need it's own assembly chamber?

I was asking for advice on the AE forum when I had an idea of using dark cable. Since this setup using emitters works when the emitters are first powered, I'm connecting them with dark cable. Then having an emitter control the dark cable dependent on the slower resource level, which is also the second recipe in the chamber. Logic is if there's enough resources to craft the slower producer, then the other should have some too. And if AE uses the first recipe in the chamber before the second, then all inputs should be used up until both fall below emitter/crafting threshold. Working on this idea now...

edit: got it to work, but I needed an emitter, directed at the dark cable, for each input. Weird. So for multiple inputs for the same crafted output, you'd need an export bus for each input, set to craft the output always / redstone signal ignored. But have these buses connected to the network via dark cable. Then have an emitter for each input, directed at the dark cable, set to emit when input levels reach craft threshold. Small as I could make it while keeping it in the same network.

edit: Spoke too soon. If the number of the unused input rises above threshold, it'll activate its emitter and the dark cable stays powered when it shouldn't be. Tried to separate so that only one bus is powered at a time, using emitters and 2 dark cables but AE still ignores the second recipe. At this point, I'm just going to pull the Diamond bee from production and mess with this later. Seems like subnetting is the only feasible solution.

FYI: the Diamandi bee produces upwards of 3x the amount of diamonds as the Diamond bee.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is, that AE doesn't like 2 recipes for one type of item. I would export the shards in two Cyclic Assemblers or some other automated crafting bench. This would cost you only two Basic Export Busses and two Basic Import Busses.