Unleashed 1.1.3: Underwater bases of unusual size - no more?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Running into an enormous problem getting the water out of my already enclosed underwater honeycomb hideout. I've tried the BC pump [no success], and because of the odd shape of the honeycomb pattern combined with the fact that the enclosure is already built [ceiling included], I can't really use a filler. I'm trying to get the MFFS to work, but its really, really slow [and it only removes the top 2 layers of water]?

I've looked around some, but can't seem to find any methods I haven't already explored...and the documentation on MFFS-usage for this application is quite poor. Haven't even seen a single video to show how to set this up, which seems odd.

Do I just keep plugging away with MFFS or is there an easier solution?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
You could it by hand using some sand and gravel and the IC2 scuba helmet. Just bring some air cells.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Fill it up with sand with a shovel of the earth mover? As long as the rest of your build is not made out of sand/dirt it is extremely easy to fill it up and dig it out again 9 blocks per click.[DOUBLEPOST=1386744055][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could it by hand using some sand and gravel and the IC2 scuba helmet. Just bring some air cells.
Of if you have the resources, the quantum helmet.

TheWarGamer11

Jul 29, 2019
If your places isn't made of combustible material and have a sheep farm, fill your whole place with wool and then light it on fire! After all, wool burns fast, its quick and easy and if you those a pig in the fire you might end up with some bacon! Mmm bacon...

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Doing this by hand...really isn't an option. 7 cells within the honeycomb structure. Each cell is approx 11x9 radius and anywhere from 6-9 high. Each cell can fit 14? alvearies. It's not a small build.

I managed to finally figure out how to speed up the MFFS solution and all the water is gone...and the voids around the exterior are fixed. However, I dunno if I'm going to be putting any tree farms underneath...

With all the RedPower2 replacement mods out there...no one thought to bring the RP2 pump into 1.5.x?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Doing this by hand...really isn't an option. 7 cells within the honeycomb structure. Each cell is approx 11x9 radius and anywhere from 6-9 high. Each cell can fit 14? alvearies. It's not a small build.

I managed to finally figure out how to speed up the MFFS solution and all the water is gone...and the voids around the exterior are fixed. However, I dunno if I'm going to be putting any tree farms underneath...

With all the RedPower2 replacement mods out there...no one thought to bring the RP2 pump into 1.5.x?
Pretty sure you can do it faster with the shovel of the earthmover and sand than any other automated setup. I have build mountains and filled in large parts of oceans this way.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Pretty sure you can do it faster with the shovel of the earthmover and sand than any other automated setup. I have build mountains and filled in large parts of oceans this way.
Builder's Wand would be faster for the building stage. And a Wand of Equal Trade to trade the blocks for flowers would be faster at clearing it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Builder's Wand would be faster for the building stage. And a Wand of Equal Trade to trade the blocks for flowers would be faster at clearing it.
Yeah but sadly builders wand dont work under water :( And yeah if you can replace it with something that automatically breaks sure. But clearing it out with an efficiency enchanted shovel of earthmover is pretty damn fast.