Unleashed 1.1.3: Iron/Steel Tanks failing due to entities within multiblock area

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed this and was able to correct it before anything untoward happened to my world.

Noticed that my AE network had no power. AE network is new/small and only draws 106 Units/t...and is powered via 60 milk-throttled Force Engines running off liquid force [600 MJ/t]...so power isn't an issue yet. Went to check on Steel Tank storing liquid force and noticed tank was empty, but liquiducts feeding tank were full?

Click on tank to check tank levels and...tank isn't a tank [multiblock assembly has failed]. Now, this tank isn't fresh. It's been in my world since almost the very start. I think it was the second multi-block structure I built, Blast Furnace being the first. So the multiblock assembly worked after building the tank and held when filling it. Tank is also underground [under the tree farm which feeds it]. Tank is also close to my chestnut farm. I only mention this because of what I found causing the problem...

Butterflies inside the tank's multiblock area...and a chicken? I know that these entities will cause a multiblock structure to fail assembly during construction, if the entity is inside the multiblock area...but after the tank is already assembled? The chicken was actually inside the tank. The butterflies were inside the block walls. Both had to be removed for the tank to become a tank again.

Anyone else seeing this? How did they get in there? Am I now forced to check on my tanks after every login? Need some advice here.

edit: shortly after I posted this, I noticed there was a butterfly inside my milk tank too...(grrr)

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
doesn't a tank always check upon restarting the world if it's allowed to be activated? if that's so it'd explain why the tank became invalid after it had already been valid once...

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
That would be my guess too.
Still a wonder how the chicken actually spawned inside the tank, don't they only spawn on grass?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That would be my guess too.
Still a wonder how the chicken actually spawned inside the tank, don't they only spawn on grass?

I have no idea. maybe the chicken was ontop of the tank and glitched through the tank blocks upon world reloading and got stuck into the tank.
or maybe an enderman thought it'd be a good idea to start screwing with you

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
I suggested that because wrath lamps have caused a host of problems because they create invisible light source blocks.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
no wrath lamps used...and tanks are close to surface this build. areas outside my base [outside my FOV] have SWARMS of the things...reminiscent of the movie "The Birds".

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the cause. But I would have a multiblock tank fail becuase an Enderman some how managed to get inside it. Breaking and repalcing the vavle fixed it for me. Glitching mobs can defenintly break the tank. Only advice would be to move it away from any area with a lot of mobs to keep it from happening agian.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
If animals are being forced inside it, maybe it would do to leave some air blocks on all sides of the tank.