Unleashed 1.1.3: Golem behaviors that grind my gears

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
...and possible solutions for this iteration of Unleashed?

1: Golems getting stuck in the inside-corner of fences [golem pathing problem]. By far my number one pet peeve, as all my golem farm plots are circular, and they look better if enclosed with a fence, rather than a solid block. Enclosure is required, since my farm plots are midair [using the space between 2 villager-spawned iron golem farms]. I haven't tried the crafted wall blocks, mostly because I don't like the look. Using solid blocks seems to solve this problem, as I enclosed a golem-powered farm with clear glass and haven't noticed this particular issue since.

2: Stone golems wasting crafted goods? I've got a stone golem set to pull compost from an worktable [ACT] and place it in a marked router for distribution to my biomass fermenters. The stone golem pulls from the ACT after every craft cycle, whether the router has room or not. And it's hands are empty returning to the ACT. So either the golem is deleting items, or the full router is. Switched this guy out for a clay model to fix this issue [hopefully].

Edit: clay golem solves the problem, sorta. I'm trying to setup my fermenters to use mulch if it's available, otherwise compost. I get a limited supply of mulch from squeezers and thru lumbermill-ing logs [bark + water buckets = mulch], but not enough to keep my fermenters stocked. So with my router full of mulch, the clay golem is still trying to shove compost into the router with every ACT cycle. So be careful how you setup you little helpers.

Anyone got any others they'd like to share?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
...and possible solutions for this iteration of Unleashed?

1: Golems getting stuck in the inside-corner of fences [golem pathing problem]. By far my number one pet peeve, as all my golem farm plots are circular, and they look better if enclosed with a fence, rather than a solid block. Enclosure is required, since my farm plots are midair [using the space between 2 villager-spawned iron golem farms]. I haven't tried the crafted wall blocks, mostly because I don't like the look. Using solid blocks seems to solve this problem, as I enclosed a golem-powered farm with clear glass and haven't noticed this particular issue since.

2: Stone golems wasting crafted goods? I've got a stone golem set to pull compost from an worktable [ACT] and place it in a marked router for distribution to my biomass fermenters. The stone golem pulls from the ACT after every craft cycle, whether the router has room or not. And it's hands are empty returning to the ACT. So either the golem is deleting items, or the full router is. Switched this guy out for a clay model to fix this issue [hopefully].

Edit: clay golem solves the problem, sorta. I'm trying to setup my fermenters to use mulch if it's available, otherwise compost. I get a limited supply of mulch from squeezers and thru lumbermill-ing logs [bark + water buckets = mulch], but not enough to keep my fermenters stocked. So with my router full of mulch, the clay golem is still trying to shove compost into the router with every ACT cycle. So be careful how you setup you little helpers.

Anyone got any others they'd like to share?

All small mobs seem to have the same problems with fences. Chickens also get stuck in the corners/sides of fenced pens. I think its a vanilla MC issue. I have never found a solution other than not using fences/walls.

Not that familiar with automating with golems, but you could try and use the intelligence core on the clay golem and set it to keep 64 mulch and 1 compost in the fermenter. Hopefully it will treat the first item on the list with high priority and keep 1 mulch in there at all times if it can get any. And if there is no mulch available and fermenter runs out it would put in 1 compost until mulch becomes available again. Maybe.