Unleashed 1.1.3: Extra Bees - Why no Diurnal Serum?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Looking through the remaining bee strains and seeing what other resources I could make renewable through the bee products. Noticed Shadow Combs yield Pulverized Obsidian so I started working the Shadow branch towards Abyssal bee. First step was Shadowed bee and I noticed this bee isn't Diurnal. I can't tell whether this is a freak mutation or the bee isn't diurnal by default due to a lack of posted info [tho I suspect the latter].

Without a diurnal serum type I'm forced to use the basic hit-or-miss bee mechanics and hope for a lucky carry-over. Just curious why Binnie didn't offer up a diurnal serum when adding bees that aren't diurnal by default?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
The Nocturnal trait attainable as a serum is actually a "Nocturnal AND Diurnal" trait. The hidden "isNocturnal" trait found on a few bees is different from the Nocturnal trait and when those bees are given the Nocturnal trait, they will begin producing during the day.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, it's impressively unintuitive for an otherwise intuitive system. I only know because I lurk on forums and watch YouTube and streams too much.