This map doesn't have any way to get:
Copper
Silver
Tin
Redstone
Lapis
Most Mod Items Actually
Gravel (Yes that crap)
Obsidian (No redstone no obsidian generator :p)
No nethery things
Wool
String
Etc.
There is a big trading hall that still needs to be finished. You should be able to get most of the items in the game sooner or later.

This map includes rules in itself.
Allready a spawner for your mob needs
PICTURES :D: http://imgur.com/a/SX3DK#0 On the last picture, click 'view in full resoloution'. You should be able to see it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright, first impressions:
  • There is nothing uglier than a skyblock map build in default superflat. Try this superflat preset and use an angel block to start building off of:
Code:
2;0;4
  • The mob spawner is so insanely annoying. Have you spent five minutes around that thing? it's atrocious. Please try to do something quieter, like spawning mobs in with half a heart of life so that when they fall they die.
  • You can actually get most of those items through EE3. You do give us a minium stone.
  • Build the skyblock a bit higher please. As it is, there is absolutely no room whatsoever for downwards expansion.
  • If thaumcraft was working right, then you would be able to make copper, tin, lead, and silver with thaumcraft. Of course you would have to get the stark bee first, but still.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, first impressions:
  • There is nothing uglier than a skyblock map build in default superflat. Try this superflat preset and use an angel block to start building off of:
Code:
2;0;4
  • The mob spawner is so insanely annoying. Have you spent five minutes around that thing? it's atrocious. Please try to do something quieter, like spawning mobs in with half a heart of life so that when they fall they die.
  • You can actually get most of those items through EE3. You do give us a minium stone.
  • Build the skyblock a bit higher please. As it is, there is absolutely no room whatsoever for downwards expansion.
  • If thaumcraft was working right, then you would be able to make copper, tin, lead, and silver with thaumcraft. Of course you would have to get the stark bee first, but still.

I agree with this, I would add however that maybe encase all the parts you don't want players to access in warded stone, you could make the components part of the challenge hall. If you really want to keep the spawners I would suggest using turtles, but maybe a drop trap would be a better idea

Reactions: goreae

djkevino

Jul 29, 2019
you could always use the preset: 2;36 and Shift+Place a block but please fly up cause you fall trough the invisible pistons..

MMiner098

Jul 29, 2019
um ok goreae i didnt use mcedit i just nuked...[DOUBLEPOST=1377351245][/DOUBLEPOST]ill work on it now but how can i do that again while making a new world? itll take me ages just to get the book again[DOUBLEPOST=1377351423][/DOUBLEPOST]Ill redo the whole entire booping thing okay?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
  • That's not a coincidence. A coincidence is when it is unintentional.
  • The book is horrible to read Since You Typed It Like This.
  • Recommending Direwolf20 isn't a good option, I recommend leading people to the FTB Wiki.
  • The mob spawner is not only the most annoying thing ever, but it is also laggy as hell, giving me 0-10 fps, my norm is 50...
  • You get Spoils Bags, which can often give you mod items. I got 11 Copper and 4 Tin.
  • How are you actually supposed to do the things you assigned if you have no way of getting mod items?
This map is...
Let's just say it's no longer in my saves folder...

EDIT: Also, if you happen to fall of of the 1 block thick stone thing you will lose all of your stuff, including the only source of water, the lava, the saplings, the minium, etc.

Reactions: goreae

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, guys? I know I'm not a mod, but PLEASE don't be so harsh. It's making me cringe. Constructive criticism one thing, but this is entirely different. Thank you. :)

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
You know, there are vanilla commands for you to be able to keep your inventory when you die, to stop creepers from breaking everythign etc.
/gamerule keepInventory true
/gamerule mobGriefing false

:)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
EDIT: Also, if you happen to fall of of the 1 block thick stone thing you will lose all of your stuff, including the only source of water, the lava, the saplings, the minium, etc.
If you fall off of a regular skyblock while being stupid enough to have all of the important stuff in your inventory instead of in a chest, you lose the stuff. If you fall off and lose something, it's your own damn fault.
Hey, guys? I know I'm not a mod, but PLEASE don't be so harsh. It's making me cringe. Constructive criticism one thing, but this is entirely different. Thank you. :)
I thought my comments were rather friendly and honest. I was saying that the way he built it was ugly because he did just nuke a superflat map and built the thing in the hole, even though a void world is really easy to do, especially with the angel block. And calling the mob spawner atrocious? you'll agree when you spend five minutes next to it. The rest of it was refuting his whole "you can't get these resources" claim.

This being said, I look forward to a more bearable map to be released by MMiner the near future.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If you fall off of a regular skyblock while being stupid enough to have all of the important stuff in your inventory instead of in a chest, you lose the stuff. If you fall off and lose something, it's your own damn fault..

My point was that he said he recommends using Magnet mode and it's completely pointless to do so, as the only way to die you would lose all of your stuff. Anyway, you respawn in the middle of the air too.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
My point was that he said he recommends using Magnet mode and it's completely pointless to do so, as the only way to die you would lose all of your stuff. Anyway, you respawn in the middle of the air too.

y -64 is where you start getting hurt, when falling. After this point, you get hurt, and items despawn. Magnet Mode will not save you there, I'm afraid. Most people die ~ y -100

MMiner098

Jul 29, 2019
i have redone it now there is a trading hall, an (almost forgot that) end portal, soon to be a thaumcraft starter room, and probably more suggestions will be taken in[DOUBLEPOST=1379320312][/DOUBLEPOST]

i meant for the collecting of items. Plus i have reletevley bad laptop and i get atleast 30 frames. I forgot my settings though[DOUBLEPOST=1379320449][/DOUBLEPOST]Please don't give me that terrible comment gorae this is my first try at a survival map and i am terrible at building

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
i have redone it now there is a trading hall, an (almost forgot that) end portal, soon to be a thaumcraft starter room, and probably more suggestions will be taken in[DOUBLEPOST=1379320312][/DOUBLEPOST]

i meant for the collecting of items. Plus i have reletevley bad laptop and i get atleast 30 frames. I forgot my settings though[DOUBLEPOST=1379320449][/DOUBLEPOST]Please don't give me that terrible comment gorae this is my first try at a survival map and i am terrible at building

You know, Obsidian can also be made with string... :p

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

What I said was the truth. The original map just seemed a bit lazy, and it was annoying. If you had actually playtested it with sounds and all, you would see how annoying it was. I'm checking out the new one now.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
i meant for the collecting of items. Plus i have reletevley bad laptop and i get atleast 30 frames. I forgot my settings though

Hmm... typically mob spawners would completely demolish bad gaming laptops (I've got a 2008 macbook, so I know the feels).

MMiner098

Jul 29, 2019
I hasen't posted the new one...

I have no idea how to do the trading system I have no expeirence with MCEdit and I really bad with command blocks any ideas?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Well, from what I remember, if you put string (tripwire) down, then you can do the same obsidian creation process (I think) as with Redstone
Really now? that's interesting. I wasn't aware of that. So you can go to the Nether in skyblock without using the 10 obsidian the map gives you. That's very nice.