Universal Electricity Mod Pack

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If you look at their site, these are the mods designed primarily to work with UE.

Of the 10, 9 are included in the modpack (I assume the last one is missing because of lack of permissions). The pack is designed exclusively to feature mods that run on Universal Electricity. To add anything else would dilute the pack's intent.

Railcraft is included mainly for convenience, especially regarding acquiring steel. It also happens to be another mod that implements UE.

That all said, more recent versions of many of the mods have begun integrating IC2 support, so the chances of UE mods making their way into general modpacks is already a lot higher than it used to be.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I thought UE was meant to be the basis for a new unified and more faithful model of electricity that might eventually replace IC2's outright ridiculous EU system.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It is. The pack is meant to advertise that at the exclusion of all else.

Unless you were talking about the IC2 compatibility in which case tl;dr: they caved. :p

Akshay Bilolikar

Jul 29, 2019
So, what's the difference between Voltz and Universal Electricity? The UE pack on the FTB launcher is out of date, but is that it?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
There's actually no difference except that the UE pack updates much less frequently and is missing Liquid Mechanics for some reason. Voltz appears to be the explicitly superior version but they're basically the same pack by the same people.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
InNteresting. I figured them to be the same pack. Still only one mod missing shouldn't be too out of hand. I am betting it is a matter of time before it balances out.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
InNteresting. I figured them to be the same pack. Still only one mod missing shouldn't be too out of hand. I am betting it is a matter of time before it balances out.
I tend to manually update it. Still works for me. I think it is being delayed over a file hosting issue. Calclavia wants the files on the ue server and needs to convince the ftb people. The end result would be ue being beyond ftb certification but more frequent updates. Sort of a win/lose situation either way. I don't mind which ever side wins.

If anything above is false please let me know. I have a very imaginative mind.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
The folder the mod pack is in is still called "Universal Electricity". So, I assume so. I'm rather happy that the pack is still updating, though.

davidmeow2

Jul 29, 2019
Two things:
1. The forum link doesn't work.
2. All the Blastcraft blocks are missing from my Ampz worlds[DOUBLEPOST=1368395380][/DOUBLEPOST]OOPs didn't see Watchful11's post. Sorry.