Solved Uninstalling old launcher

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Title Uninstalling old launcher

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack

Modpack version

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue I read the news article on the main page after the launcher failed to launch, and downloaded the new one (windows 10 user if it matters at all).

The problem is that it tells me that an older version is installed and I should uninstall it first through the windows "programs and functionalities", but no matter how I look it doesn't appear there at all.

The folder in which FTB launcher is also doesn't contain an uninstaller, so I am a bit puzzled on how I am supposed to uninstall.

I hope this is the right place to ask.

EDIT: Extra information that might help.
Manually deleting the folder in %appdata% and where the launcher is does not seem to be enough as the "TwitchSetup_[plugin-Minecraft].exe" still tells me in an error window named "twitch"(sadly my windows is in french):
"Une autreversion de ce produit est déjà installée.
L'installation de cetteversion ne peut pas continuer.
Pour configurer ou supprimerla version existante de ce produit utilisez Ajour/Suppression de programmes depuis le panneau de configuration."

I'm not entirely sure why it looks like it wants to install twitch instead of the FTB launcher, but that's from the download button on the main page of the site.

Last edited:

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the maybe unneeded post, but it is "fixed", what you need to uninstall is "curse" (I tried to uninstall it because I was not really using it and it worked.

It might have been helpful if there was mention of it anywhere in the error message and/or in the artcleon the main page, but at least it is solved for me.