"Under the radar mods"

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Mekanism + RoC trio + Ic2 and gregtech

That would be an interesting pack...
There would be balancing problems with such a pack. For instance, ore tripling is available early in RoC which totally sidesteps the "scarcity plus waste of resources" that's the hallmark of early GT. Early GT steel production is resource-intensive and slow, while early mass-production is easy in RoC. These mods complement each other well in certain areas, but if that's allowed to run to its logical conclusion it means that certain bottlenecks and gates from one mod can be sidestepped using the other. RoC is notorious for not allowing that, while GT is equally notorious for attempting to dominate every world where it is installed to some degree. That may result in world inconsistency. There is a new 3rd-party modpack "Industrial Rotation" which includes both. I'm curious about what people think of it.

As for Mekanism, it's way easier than either GT or RoC. In same time it takes you to get out of the steam age in GT, you have set up tier 4 ore processing in Mekanism. RoC lies somewhere in-between.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
There would be balancing problems with such a pack. For instance, ore tripling is available early in RoC which totally sidesteps the "scarcity plus waste of resources" that's the hallmark of early GT. Early GT steel production is resource-intensive and slow, while early mass-production is easy in RoC. These mods complement each other well in certain areas, but if that's allowed to run to its logical conclusion it means that certain bottlenecks and gates from one mod can be sidestepped using the other. RoC is notorious for not allowing that, while GT is equally notorious for attempting to dominate every world where it is installed to some degree. That may result in world inconsistency. There is a new 3rd-party modpack "Industrial Rotation" which includes both. I'm curious about what people think of it.

As for Mekanism, it's way easier than either GT or RoC. In same time it takes you to get out of the steam age in GT, you have set up tier 4 ore processing in Mekanism. RoC lies somewhere in-between.
If reconciled with each other, I bet it'd be pretty cool, though. :D

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Bring out your minetweaker scripts!
Just keep in mind that RoC and thereof aren't directly MineTweakable. I haven't heard anything about adding recipes to the machines yet, though it's part of a recent compromise between the two.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Just keep in mind that RoC and thereof aren't directly MineTweakable. I haven't heard anything about adding recipes to the machines yet, though it's part of a recent compromise between the two.

I know that you can't minetweak much if anything with RoC but you can do it by gregtech and mekansim

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

You can add recipes to the machines, not sure about MT but I think SquidUtils has something that ties in.
Likewise recipes using RoC stuff is all well and good.​

There would be balancing problems with such a pack. For instance, ore tripling is available early in RoC which totally sidesteps the "scarcity plus waste of resources" that's the hallmark of early GT. Early GT steel production is resource-intensive and slow, while early mass-production is easy in RoC
RoC has a config that lets you set the "building block" of the blast furnace, thus gating everything around something you control.

Interesting. I remember reading about that mod on the MC forums years ago and was thinking about it recently. It would certainly make forests, etc. more interesting. I wonder how good the support for modded plants/trees is.

The port is just stock settings [vanilla only] but it comes with a few API functions and a guide on how to add mod flora.

psp

Jul 29, 2019

No. There would not be balancing problems for me at all. It would be a pack I would just throw together to play with, not a high end modpack.

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
Dooglamoo Jr. archaeology was a small mod I liked it gives you a relatively easy way to craft blaze power, ender pearls, leather just some good stuff for early game it was in a version of ftb infinity for a short amount of time. I did like the textures it used for everything and had some neat achievments.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
There are quite alot, just a few:
Some of them arent updated that often (or at all) so its expected that they dont show up in FTB. Though they can be alot of fun regardless. Other have features that are must have IMO, like iBench, Iron Backpacks, Enhanced Portals and Hlestakov's Screwdriver. Others offer features somewhat already done by similar mods (like Open Computers vs Computercraft), yet offer a different take or have different features.
Thanks Big Factories looks like it could be fun, I will give it a try.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive Integration; it's an Immersive Engineering companion mod that adds ME cable wires and connectors.
Seriously changes the way you use AE2. In the same way IE wires do RF transmission.
It even has a redstone cable similar to Tinkers Mekworks wires but styled like Immersive Engineering cables.
To me it's one of those mods that shouldn't be under the radar but is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, TrailMix is bad on TPS, but you can't deny that iChun can do pretty. :D